1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7dayshop

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Brigadeer, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brigadeer

Brigadeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone else had bad experiences with this company? They've sent me the wrong goods and haven't replied to any emails....oh, and they don't have a contact phone number for emergencies like this ???????? :thumbsdow How do i get hold of these people ?????

2. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They can take a day or so to answer emails, but that is the price you pay for dealing with a company that strips all the costs of trading out to keep prices very low. I've bought loads off them and they have always sorted any problems, including crediting a £350 camera that broke under warranty.

3. 888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Useless as a company and customer service, but they do have very low prices. I have brought from them 3 times. Each time fustrated with the lack of information but goods did arrive in the end.

4. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I could not agree more they seem to have no phone contact no, can you believe that ?,send wrong stuff, wont cancell bits orderd if you want to change your order even i min after ordering, also they are not allways the cheapest by a lot ive found, customer service is the worst i have found ,in my experiance they dont allways reply to your mails, buyer beware ,me thinks to never use them again saving SOMETIMES a few pounds, but I worry if something needs to be returned /broken imho, sorry to say i would not use them if you want good customer support , there are so many other sellers that must be better than this firm but this is only my experiances and opinion. :eek:

5. Stuart.Ainslie

Stuart.Ainslie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have purchased loads of little bits like memory cards with no problem but then bought a camera that stopped working after 2 days.
    Their warranty was a return to base and they would not let the London based service agent look at it. They then kept it for about 8 weeks with no contact and did not reply until legal action was threatened, they then refunded me and sent me a snotty mail back !!
    I'd still use them for small items but would not buy another camera from them....

Just my view though......

6. Oscar34

Oscar34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd also bought several smaller items from them, such as paper, with no problems. However, last time, they sent me completely the wrong item and I was told to return it (at my expense) before they would send the correct one. Well, it has appeared to have been lost in the post and 7dayshop don't want to know. They say that until they have received it, they will not post the correct one. I can do absolutely nothing (except complain to the post office which I have) and have lost my money. Their customer service is very unimpressive and I certainly will not buy anything from them again, which is a shame because their prices are really good!! :mad:

7. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Name 7dayshop.com
    Head Office Address Landes du Marche - Guernsey - GY6 8DN
    Telephone
    Fax 01481 258546
    Telephone Order 01481 257336

Give the order line a try - good luck

8. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Shocking service from this company! :thumbsdow

Bought an expensive Camera from them.
    It never arrived, but i was told it wasn't their problem!? :confused:
    Weeks went by without any response from them.

When they did reply, they were curt and dismissive.

They then refused to give me a refund... :nono:

I threatened legal action, and pointed out they were in breach of their own T&Cs.

They even changed their replies in the customer query page(used to log all contact with them), to make it look that they were being more reasonable! (i had already printed the original replies from them anyway)

In the end i had to report them to VISA international (and sent an email to inform Guernsey Trading Standards).
    VISA were great!
    They refunded my money as soon as the 30 day waiting period ended.
    They said 7dayshop was generating a lot of chargebacks for them (VISA), so they agreed that they needed investigating.

I was informed that any results would be private, but felt great that at least something was happening to them! :smashin:

9. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I orderd a casio camera case from them , i made a mistake with the model of case /for the camera and e mailed them back straight away not to send it , this on a bank holiday , the case turned up never the less, i e mailed them i would send it straight back , si i sent it back registerd so they had to sign for it , and yet im still waiting for any confirmation they have recieved it, and done a card refund as yet after weeks they have not , looks like i will have to also get on to the card company to investigate them also the royal mail who say it was delieverd back ok . there have been many complaints on the bigger forums about these people they do not even have a telephone no. god knows how you would get on if as can happen you have problems with an expensive camera and ever have to return it , also on this forum is a very worring post about a guy who orderd a camera from Pixmania and the camera was missing from the box, and this same problem has been on other forums with the company i believe so /, so makes me think if this is so then its not allways best to go for the cheapest deal maybe so! any others had problems ?

10. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my 70-200L lens from 7dayshop. They answered my queries and the lens and other items I ordered all arrived on time. My previous (small) orders had no problems either.

Guess I have been lucky.

11. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,481
    If VISA and in the UK there is no such thing as just VISA, it is all done via the the supplying financial institute...But anyway if VISA really provided you with that level of information they are in serious breach of the DPA.....

Also what is this 30 day waiting period you talking about?

Are you really sure about your post....

12. mattym

mattym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Visa UK = http://www.visaeurope.com/?country=uk&ep=v_gg_new

Call center numpties always spill more than they are allowed....

30 day waiting period....some companies insist on waiting 30 days before accepting a loss, we operate a similar policy.

13. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    dejongj,

[Mod comment]

Edited: i'm not letting things go down that road

I'm very sure of who i spoke to.

I started by phoning my Credit Card company.
    I was informed about the 30 waiting period.
    Because i had no way of contacting this company(no number on their website etc), i wasn't sure if i was being frauded.
    This lead to being given the number for VISA, direct.

I'm VERY sure of the information i was given.
    If this was in breach of the DPA, that isn't my problem.
    I insisted on speaking to the highest manager available that day.
    The women i spoke too, was just so sympathetic after hearing my plight, that maybe she did reveal to much info.(but good on her! :thumbsup: )
    I was very annoyed by this company, and would have loved to take it further myself. But VISA was just so reassuring.

Another women arranged my refund, but i cannot be sure if she was from VISA or my card issuer.

As for the 30 day thing:-

You CANNOT start a claim for a "charge back" for 30 days since the original transaction.
    This is then done at a merchant bank level, so can take up to two weeks to complete.
    I was told they make a claim for the monies, and as long as the account holder doesn't object, the money is refunded.

The other info i was given followed this line...

If the level of "charge backs" rises above a certain percentage (in relation to transactions). Then VISA conducts a report/examination to see if the account holder is suitable as a VISA account holder.
    They have stringent T&Cs that must be adhered to.
    If they feel these T&Cs are not being met, they will either suspend the account whilst further investigations are carried out, or cancel the account all together.
    The women i spoke to said she was aware of other complaints/charge backs from 7dayshop.
    She agreed that refusing to give refunds and using charge backs wasn't in keeping with their account policy.
    I was asked to provide all the relevant details about my case, and i also provided her details of other people who were still trying to get refunds.(this information had already been supplied to me via email from the people concerned)
    I was informed that the matter would now be escalated, but as mentioned i wouldn't be informed about any outcome.(DPA? ;) )

IMPORTANT INFORMATION...

After numerous other posts about 7dayshops quality of service, i made 7dayshop aware of these threads.

SO if 7dayshop would like to publicly dispute ANY thing i have said as not being 100% factual, then respond here or take legal action.
    I don't need resort to insults about them, rather the facts speaks for themselves!

[mod comment]

Edited: lets not start any unfounded mole theories

I understand that it isn't possible for them to cock all their orders up.

So many people will feel that they are ok to deal with etc.(if my camera had arrived, i would be one of them!)
    It's when things go wrong, you find out how good they are.

And i do agree that in my case, the Post Office may have more to answer for than 7dayshop.com.(postal theft :rolleyes: )
    However, even after waiting well in excess of their T&Cs waiting period, i was still not given (or offered) a refund. :confused:

WHY? :lease:

They had contacted the P.O to confirm non delivery.(they even told me they had received THEIR refund)
    Yet still no refund???????????????
    Then no contact from them for a while.
    I sent daily emails.
    Then just a curt message saying it wasn't their problem!???

This is NO way to run a business.
    I would have bought from them again, if when confirmation was received from the P.O, they had refunded my money. (i wasn't annoyed at "them" for the camera not showing, just what happened afterwards)
    ie i understand sometimes things go wrong.
    It is how you deal with it that counts.

In my case, it was straight forward.
    Camera missing in transit.
    P.O confirm item not delivered.
    7Dayshop got their refund.
    So all they had to do was press a few buttons on their VISA/CC machine.
    However!!!
    I was told to claim money back from C.C.! :suicide:

FACT!

14. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok well there's not much more that can be said here so i'm closing

Thread Status: