78 ms ping Sky, unlimited 20mg

Ollie C

Hi, just did a speed test, the ping came in at 78 ms ping, is that good or not? I regularly get download speed of 13-15mg.

Thanks

SUMMONER

Not particular great, mine fluctuates between 12ms and 35ms.

just now:
1616056001.png

some time last month
1560634564.png

Ollie C

Hi, thanks for the response, just did it with a different site to the one I used before, just used speedtest.net as well, just got a ping of 26 ms.
I also use the speedtest.net app for my iPhone, which sometimes comes in at around 70 ms, confusing....

buckle247

I also use the speedtest.net app for my iPhone, which sometimes comes in at around 70 ms, confusing....

That will just be the poor wireless connection on the phone. 26ms is pretty good for ADSL.

I get around 15ms on infinity (via ethernet) but phone shows anywhere between 60-120ms on wifi.

Ollie C

I've checked my speed on 3 different sites on my laptop, 2 of which came in at 26 ms ping and around 15mps download. Another site came in at 94 ms ping and said 5mps download.
I trust the first 2 I mentioned, not the last one, how can one site give completely different results?
The one that gave poor results was broadband-speedtest.org.uk.

buckle247

Depends where the server is located that you are testing to, and what speeds the server is running at.

For example, If the server is only connected at 50mb, and there are 20 people trying to speedtest to it, its going to overload and not give you a true speed.

Dragon Doctor

Skys never going to be amazing as they don't offer fastpath.

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
Apparently they do have the ability to put you onto fastpath but refuse to put customers onto it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom