michael1189

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
Sony AG9 77" OLED TV.
Purchased from Sevenoaks, July 2021 with 5 years warranty
Immaculate condition, boxed as new.
Calibrated with Sony Calman.

Big is most definitely beautiful, with the awe-inspiring Sony Bravia KD-77AG9 OLED TV.

OLED – boosted

With over eight million, self-illuminating pixels, OLED offers sensational picture quality. Sony’s Pixel Booster Contrast system makes the best even better. Already exceptionally bright, the system delivers even punchier colour. It also brings out more subtle elements of colour – making this one of the most life-like TVs available.

X1 Ultimate for powerful picture processing
At the heart of this 77 inch Sony TV lies their flagship processor – X1 Ultimate. This processor intelligently enhances the brightness of hundreds of different picture elements, giving incredibly realistic and detailed images. X1 Ultimate is also the power behind upscaling FHD images to UHD 4K – bringing new life to your Blu-ray collection and non-4K TV shows.

The biggest OLED
At a mighty 77 inches, this is Sony’s biggest OLED screen and ideal as the heart of an impressive home cinema system. Close in size to many projector screens, this 77 inch Sony TV strikes the ideal balance between movie maestro when you want and discreet, everyday TV when you don’t.

Master Series TV – see the picture exactly as intended
Tuned to match their professional monitors, this Sony 77 inch OLED TV matches the original image quality as closely as possible. Netflix Calibrated Mode automatically adjusts the picture settings to get the most from this popular streaming service.

HDR support, including Dolby Vision
HDR maximises picture quality, bringing detail to the darkest areas of the picture as well as making the overall image look more life-like than ever. As well as HDR10 and HLG formats, this Sony is also compatible with Dolby Vision. Dolby Vision optimises the HDR format to give quite simply the sharpest, most accurate images possible. Very much an industry standard, Dolby Vision continually adjusts the picture for the most remarkable realism.

Acoustic Surface Audio + for immersive sound
Although you can’t see any speakers around this sleek TV, the clever tech comes from their positioning. By using actuators at the rear of the screen, the whole surface acts as one, cohesive speaker. This not only means ‘invisible’ speakers but also the sound comes directly from the screen for perfect sync with vocals and sound effects.

Built-in bass
In addition to the twin actuators there are also twin subwoofers built into the screen. Although these can’t match a separate home cinema system, they do give the TV a full-bodied and rich sound that’s perfect for when you just want to watch the news or general TV without switching on the full home cinema system.

Ultimate style statement – One Slate Concept
Featuring a super-slim design, with hidden inputs and speakers, the KD-77AG9 looks as sleek as possible. With its detachable rear panel, the AG9-series offers full cable management, making the TV look just as sleek from behind – perfect if the TV is pulled out from the wall. Every detail is perfectly designed – right down to the premium, metal-faced remote control and discreet, aluminium stand.

Android TV at its best yet
Bringing together photos, music, movies, Internet and apps, the Sony Android system makes accessing a huge range of entertainment easy. Sony’s latest Android TVs are up to 60% faster at launching apps than before. This means that as you switch between YouTube, Netflix and the Home Menu you get a more responsive feel and can enjoy your content sooner.

Hands free Google Assistant for effortless interaction
Built-in Google Assistant and advanced voice control makes finding content easier than ever. You can find new entertainment, check schedules and control your smart home simply by talking to the screen. For universal control, the system also works with Alexa (once connected to a suitable device) and Apple AirPlay/HomeKit via AirPlay.

Make TV easy, with YouView
YouView is a popular innovation that brings together live and on demand TV in an effortless, intuitive way. The simple menu page lets you easily find live or catch-up programmes, without having to open separate apps.

If you’re looking for the very best is picture, sound, style and features, the Sony Bravia KD-77AG9 is an absolute front runner.

Price and currency
Delivery cost included
Delivery is NOT included
Prefer goods collected?
I prefer the goods to be collected
Advertised elsewhere?
Not advertised elsewhere
Payment method
Bank transfer or cash
Please click the box to agree to the following statement
  1. I confirm my acceptance of the AVForums trading rules (link opens in a new window) and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved.

michael1189

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
Any update on the warranty etc?
Sorry for delayed response. Very busy with work at the min.

I dont think sevenoaks allow warranty transfer according to their site. Id be able to facilitate any claims though.

I calibrated it with an i1 display pro plus. I'm amazed at how large a difference its made to greyscale performance. I'll recalibrate it before sale.

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Reaction score
Sorry for delayed response. Very busy with work at the min.

I dont think sevenoaks allow warranty transfer according to their site. Id be able to facilitate any claims though.

I calibrated it with an i1 display pro plus. I'm amazed at how large a difference its made to greyscale performance. I'll recalibrate it before sale.
Surely its a SONY 5 year warranty which IS transferable

Anubis1

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Ill check with sevenoaks
Any response from Sevenoaks re the warranty?
Also can you post some pics various normal tv and some HDR and some solid gray 5% 10% and some solid colours especially red at various percentages please.
Many thanks can you get back to asap as I’ve got to get a family member to bring me and hire a van .

Last edited:

SimonHavfc

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
Reaction score
Just to help the Sony warranty is fully transferable. It sits with the product not with the owner/buyer. I have purchased and sold a few Sony TVs with no issues around warranty.

Anubis1

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Just to help the Sony warranty is fully transferable. It sits with the product not with the owner/buyer. I have purchased and sold a few Sony TVs with no issues around warranty.
Thanks for the heads up still awaiting pics and he’s been logged in and looked at his own thread but no reply

michael1189

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks all. Ive checked with sevenoaks and it is a sony warranty so all good there.

I'm quite busy with work and planning my wedding currently, which is why its taken a while to reply here. I'll take the asked for photos and upload them later today or tomorrow evening.

Tegs200

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Is it still available?

Raggy123

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Out of interest, how come you’re selling? It’s a fantastic tv and I wouldn’t part with mine. Even if my new wife told me to 🤣

michael1189

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
Out of interest, how come you’re selling? It’s a fantastic tv and I wouldn’t part with mine. Even if my new wife told me to 🤣
Partly because i want my living room to look like a living room again and not a home cinema. Also ive moved onto other hobbies.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand