77 inch oled prices

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, what price did 77 inch oleds from for example currys get as low as last year? I've budgeted or am prepared to pay around £3.5k for a 77 inch oled.. i need the gsync so ill be waiting for the c9s. however i've noticed they only seemed to reacvh a reasonable price from costco.

sadly i need currys team knowhow warranty so i'm a bit stuck and dependant on them (i need burn in coverage via warranty and team knowhow seem to cover it).

any advice?

im very tempted to just see if samsung offer a great deal on a 75'' QLED on black friday, then apply 25% nhs discount and grab one from them.
As much as I love OLED, the 77 inch panels are so grossly overpriced that I can get a 75'' QLED + a 65'' OLED + a project for the same price.

Stay patient brother, oled tech has topped out so the c9 has to tumble in line with all the euro countries £3-£3.5 right now)

Stay patient brother, oled tech has topped out so the c9 has to tumble in line with all the euro countries £3-£3.5 right now)

thank you mate. so u think its going to settle around £3,000-£3,500? I'd be happy with that.

I also think LG are making one final last push with their 77 inchers before a price drop as I've seen a few youtubers being sent them. im guessing the 77'' didn't sell that well this year and they're going to have to recoup some costs with some last min sales before the price drop.

they just priced it way too high this year and when a samsung 75'' QLED is 3.5k and they offer a 20% discount code.. it makes the LG look a bit silly.

Bought my C9 77" for about £3300 on black friday here in Sweden so it's possible. They're at £4000 now though.

Bought my C9 77" for about £3300 on black friday here in Sweden so it's possible. They're at £4000 now though.

*** this is now angering me so badly. Wtf

Zero movement as we stand, dissapointing

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 13.12.17.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 13.12.17.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 557
You lucky b***ard, why oh why are we Brits being tortured so, what was the retailer in Sweden called I'll see if they deliver...

This is media markt current price ( europes biggest electronics retailer, german owned) not much difference really 1K less but much more after all the hassle.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 13.52.21.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 13.52.21.png
    344.6 KB · Views: 585
You lucky b***ard, why oh why are we Brits being tortured so, what was the retailer in Sweden called I'll see if they deliver...

It was in stock a couple of days ago but now sold out I'm afraid

39900 SEK so about £3275.

And heres the currrent german price, they refuse to send to the UK, guess they're still sore about the war.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 14.01.09.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 14.01.09.png
    99 KB · Views: 573
77C9 - £4999 / 77W9 - £5999 in Selfridges (Oxford Street, might be national).

You can use Pricerunner price history:

LG OLED77C8 – Best deals on PriceRunner UK

You'll need to sign up to be able to see full history and set retailer. But then you can track along the graph to see who was the cheapest at various points. And also set a retailer to see the price graph for that retailer (comes up as separate line in different colour).

Or you can click on list view, which gives you details of all the price changes. For individual retailer, or lowest price points by any retailer.

Lowest Currys dropped to was £4.9k 09/05/19. Entries end there so looks like they stopped selling it then.

However, RGB direct and a few others dropped to £3.7k, so perhaps you could get a price match with Curry's if the same occurs again.

NB: I find both Pricerunner and Pricespy are pretty accurate. But they sometimes miss when retailers offer vouchers. So it may have dropped a bit cheaper with a voucher at some point.

Also you can set a price alert on both sites, so you dont miss a price drop.

Last edited:
hey guys, any good deals?

costco only £5.4k

we are coming to march now. still not much movement on these panels. im honestly surprised. I thought they'd be 4.5k by now.

5.2k on amazon

i asked about their warranty.. they said its covered by an A-Z guarantee... w/e that is.

lol im just lost for words why we've been shafted so badly in the UK.

i really don't get it at all.
I dont get it either. The prices for other models are a bit cheaper e.g. 10% or so less than the UK. So it is strange that only the 77C9 is so cheap - it is even cheaper than the 65W9 in Sweden which makes no sense to me.

If this was £3k in the UK then I would buy one.

I do wonder if the 77CX will be a lot cheaper as LG are switching production to significantly increase the number of 77 inch OLEDs produced. Apparently this is why 48 inch OLEDs have become feasible as they are the off cuts from the 77.

I dont get it either. The prices for other models are a bit cheaper e.g. 10% or so less than the UK. So it is strange that only the 77C9 is so cheap - it is even cheaper than the 65W9 in Sweden which makes no sense to me.

If this was £3k in the UK then I would buy one.

I do wonder if the 77CX will be a lot cheaper as LG are switching production to significantly increase the number of 77 inch OLEDs produced. Apparently this is why 48 inch OLEDs have become feasible as they are the off cuts from the 77.
I'd hope so but if the 77'' CX range was cheaper, surely they'd be lowering the 77C9?

I just can't justify £5-£6k for a TV which has a risk of burn in. Its really difficult to sell to myself.

LG to mass produce 77-inch OLED panels in 2020 - suggests H2 this year for 77" ramp-up.
Getting tempted to get a 65C9 and wait on 77CX clearance sales.

That's essentially what I did last year. Grabbed the 65FZ on the Costco deal as it was the cheapest mainstream OLED at the time. Figured better to save the money and put it towards the 77" when they drop within budget.

I am tempted to do the 65'' C9 but I just can't justify buying a C9 over just keeping my Panny 902B as I don't think its much of an upgrade.

Stil I might end up doing that as we need in our household 2 new TVs.. so the 65'' C9 will just get relegated to the smaller lounge.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom