77 inch oled prices

CliffordinWales

It’s probably a smart move that they’ve gone back to segregating the series by processing and ‘panel’ (ignore that they’re the same, but not enabled). It moves people up the product stack and depending on how well the the G1 is selling will determine if they make the same move next year, I.e saving the biggest differentiator for the higher series as they used to do years ago.

I see the ‘burn in warranty’ from LG, only available on the G&Z series as further evidence of their plan in this area.
LG Display (the panel maker, not LG Electronics, the TV assembler) has been registering various trademarks around the name 'OLED Plate' so maybe next year we'll see a new type of OLED panel... or maybe the heatsink on the Panasonic 2000 series / Sony A90J will be more widely available from other companies including LG Electronics. Just speculation mind.

Lvrhs

New 77 inch oled record, and we haven't reached Black Friday yet!
IMG_20210718_113726.jpg

jouster

New 77 inch oled record, and we haven't reached Black Friday yet!View attachment 1543286
This is very promising. That said, it’s their current promotion and prices will rise again.

wonder how sales will be as customer won’t appreciate the rise again.

CliffordinWales

This is very promising. That said, it’s their current promotion and prices will rise again.

wonder how sales will be as customer won’t appreciate the rise again.
It's also the A1 model, which was introduced this year as LG's budget- friendly, entry-level OLED.

Personally if I was going to invest in a huge 77in TV, which is, let's face it, still a luxury item, I wouldn't want the compromises of the A1 series with its lower brightness, 60hz and no HDMI 2.1. But I'm no product strategist and presumably LG sees a market for this.

jouster

joust

5to1

Hardly worth the £730 price difference though...

Agree.

Although if you don’t need one right now, that’s a smaller gap then we’d expect historically, so may well close significantly by BF.

NB: I got the 77AG9 for £2400 several weeks ago and will be keeping it despite the above.

Xenses

Standard Member
Looks like it’s gone.
Is it showing as out of stock on the Costco website?

I was about to pay the £15 for a Costco account so I could log-in and purchase one but no point now.

5to1

Is it showing as out of stock on the Costco website?

I was about to pay the £15 for a Costco account so I could log-in and purchase one but no point now.

Didn’t show up when I searched earlier.

If it shows up now then it should be in stock, but you can paste the direct link and I can check.

Xenses

Standard Member
Didn’t show up when I searched earlier.

If it shows up now then it should be in stock, but you can paste the direct link and I can check.

Here's the link, thanks. If it's still showing I'll make an account and pull the trigger.

5to1

Here's the link, thanks. If it's still showing I'll make an account and pull the trigger.

OOS :(

Thats why it didnt show up when I searched. I added to my wishlist, so i'll let you know if it comes back in.

If you can pickup and qualify for in store membership, try your local warehouse. In fact try any that are local or ask them to check local warehouse prices, as sometimes they can be different (warehouse specific promotions, customer returns, clearing last box, etc). For example I got the 77AG9 for £2400 when it was £2800 in my other local warehouses.

BigAardvaark

As have I - still not sure on its handling of 24p content (judder) or VRR for that matter and whether I should have waited until Black Friday for the new G1?

It will replace an immaculate Pioneer KRP-500a, so it has big shoes to fill.

600A here, been putting off 4K for what seems like forever, once HDMI 2.1 AVRs get fixed I'm biting. Probably the 77 C1, like you hoping I won't feel like I've gone backwards in some aspects.....

jouster

600A here, been putting off 4K for what seems like forever, once HDMI 2.1 AVRs get fixed I'm biting. Probably the 77 C1, like you hoping I won't feel like I've gone backwards in some aspects.....
sadly my LX6090 hasn't had much action since my 65 inch XH9505 was installed a few weeks ago

Still torn between an 83A90J towards the end of the year or just going with another larger LED...decisions decisions...now I'm users the the super-bright HDR of LED IN mot sure I can go back

dbwinter

Me too. Will plug my Xbox Series X directly into the TV. Will probably have to use its optical out into AVR (HDMI 2.0a) to avoid lip sync problems. eARC on LG TVs is notoriously bad!

The in-laws have the smaller CX55 and it's really impressive, especially with HDR/Dolby Vision footage. With non-HDR/Dolby Vision, it's still really good and I wouldn't say that it's that much different to the KRP (also tried the motion modes to correct judder and they work well):)

Last edited:

Xenses

Standard Member
LG C1 77" is reduced to £3109.08 at Costco.

Capture.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Smart Start offer grants access to premium TV apps