77 inch oled prices

Well it's all relative and the AG9 was a bargain but I take your point if you would rather pocket the savings.

Looks like Costco are re-selling your used TV then. It's a good price if it includes the 5year warranty and the next owner should be covered as if it were new.
i was really surprised with the outcome of my testing as I thought I’d end up keeping the AG9. A bit of hassle but worth the effort.

yes the ag9 it’s good price and a great tv so someone will certainly get a bargain

i was really surprised with the outcome of my testing as I thought I’d end up keeping the AG9. A bit of hassle but worth the effort.

yes the ag9 it’s good price and a great tv so someone will certainly get a bargain
£2,399 is a good price for sure. Out of interest was it simply placed back out in the aisles ? Was it marked as customer return or ex-display ?

£2,399 is a good price for sure. Out of interest was it simply placed back out in the aisles ? Was it marked as customer return or ex-display ?
It was on a trolley at the end of an aisle it wasn’t marked as customer return or ex display but one would assume either I guess as it wasn’t in the actual tv area

Shows the markup they have on these :eek: Truly a great discount for somebody

Shows the markup they have on these :eek: Truly a great discount for somebody

Don't think you can judge the markup based on the runout prices.

Retail space is expensive, quite often the major retailers will take a big loss rather than having runout models taking that space up and detracting from the new stock. And for the manufacturers it's hard to judge supply to the unit, so they invariably end up with left overs. Once they can't shift those via the mainstream retailers, they'll end up at the smaller retailers and big box shifters like Costco.

Moreover, ultimately no one is looking at a single unit price. But rather ROI over the production runs. I doubt we'd see the the R&D, let alone cost of building the fabs if the runout price was all they could shift the majority of the TVs.

I think the real lesson is the sensible choice is almost always buying the runout. And putting the saving towards an earlier upgrade. But thats harder said then done, because we all love the emperors new clothes :D

Retail space is expensive, quite often the major retailers will take a big loss rather than having runout models taking that space up and detracting from the new stock. And for the manufacturers it's hard to judge supply to the unit, so they invariably end up with left overs. Once they can't shift those via the mainstream retailers, they'll end up at the smaller retailers and big box shifters like Costco.

Moreover, ultimately no one is looking at a single unit price. But rather ROI over the production runs. I doubt we'd see the the R&D, let alone cost of building the fabs if the runout price was all they could shift the majority of the TVs.

I think the real lesson is the sensible choice is almost always buying the runout. And putting the saving towards an earlier upgrade. But thats harder said then done, because we all love the emperors new clothes :D
always buy years best model at a massive discount right

Don’t we just 😂

Buying the runout is always difficult isn’t it? My recently purchased CX was manufactured in June!

Wow can't believe we were all paying £5-£6k for these a year ago.

Amazing how the 83'' has caused all the prices to be adjusted.
Just looked on JL and the 83" LG OLED is £7,000 whereas the 77" is £3,700; or almost half price. I'd far rather two 77" tvs than one 83" tv.

Just looked on JL and the 83" LG OLED is £7,000 whereas the 77" is £3,700; or almost half price. I'd far rather two 77" tvs than one 83" tv.
You can apply the same logic to the 65“ pricing.

Currently I can get the LG Cx 77" for £2879. Would be upgrading from the LG c8 65". Are these likely to drop any further? Only really upgrading for the size.

Are there any other TVs that I should be considering which are out now or to be released shortly. Been tempted by the Samsung q95a.

Currently I can get the LG Cx 77" for £2879. Would be upgrading from the LG c8 65". Are these likely to drop any further? Only really upgrading for the size.

Are there any other TVs that I should be considering which are out now or to be released shortly. Been tempted by the Samsung q95a.
They might, I did the same thing and got John Lewis to reduce my CX order (Fenwick). If they drop anymore I can’t see it being much below that if at all. It’s still £3199 everywhere and £2879 was a one off IMO. I justified going for a C1 due to the recent price drop but with the £2879 it makes more sense to stick with the CX.

They might, I did the same thing and got John Lewis to reduce my CX order (Fenwick). If they drop anymore I can’t see it being much below that if at all. It’s still £3199 everywhere and £2879 was a one off IMO. I justified going for a C1 due to the recent price drop but with the £2879 it makes more sense to stick with the CX.

Thanks. Went into a currys to view the Samsung Qe75qn95a but they didn't have any on display. May just order the Cx in the next few days.

77 CX went up to £3499 at John Lewis :eek:

I could have swore it was £3199 the other day

LG look like they’re playing a careful game. CX was likely cannibalizing C1 sales and LG have narrowed down pricing accordingly even though they seem to have supply of the CX remaining.

LG look like they’re playing a careful game. CX was likely cannibalizing C1 sales and LG have narrowed down pricing accordingly even though they seem to have supply of the CX remaining.

Rather than doing that they should really make some noticeable improvements in each new released model so people are more inclined to go for the latest model.

Rather than doing that they should really make some noticeable improvements in each new released model so people are more inclined to go for the latest model.

Easier said then done. Even if they manage it one year, the subsequent year they'd end up with minimal improvements, as it's impossible to have big leaps every year without huge price increases.

Every year sees small to modest evolutionary improvements: the C1 adds the game optimiser feature, the CX added 120hx BFI, the C9 added HDMI 2.1... some C1s also have the Evo panel from the G1, apparently, but are locked to non-Evo panel performance. I wonder if next year LG will say the C series is 'Evo' as well?

It’s probably a smart move that they’ve gone back to segregating the series by processing and ‘panel’ (ignore that they’re the same, but not enabled). It moves people up the product stack and depending on how well the the G1 is selling will determine if they make the same move next year, I.e saving the biggest differentiator for the higher series as they used to do years ago.

I see the ‘burn in warranty’ from LG, only available on the G&Z series as further evidence of their plan in this area.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom