77/85": LG CX vs Sony AG9 vs Sony XH9505

tommyjoey

Novice Member
Considering stretching my budget so interested in views please on better choice out of:

1. LG CX 77" for £2,753.19 (Marks Electrical after Amex 10% back)
  2. Sony 77" AG9 for £2879.98 (Costco in store)
  3. Sony 85" XH9505 for £2699.10 (Marks Electrical after Amex 10% back)

Will get a PS5 at some point (but not yet), bright room with floor to ceiling windows facing TV position, otherwise 4K through Netflix/Prime.

If LG CX 77" then can get for £3009.10 at Richer Sounds, worth extra £250 to buy from them?

Thanks!

GHazy

Similar to what i was looking at mate.

Have you had an OLED before, as if you have it might be hard to go back to LED (this is my big concern). In terms of the PS5, i use mine on my C8 which is 2.0b and i dont think you are going to gain anything major from 2.1 (people will argue by Vincent did a good video on this).

Be interesting to hear from people who have owned OLED and whether going back to LED is possible?

Based on the 3 right now i'd go CX.

Dodgexander

Do those help? Certain viewing conditions should veer you towards OLED or LCD. For example, it makes less sense to go with the OLED if the TV is going to be used a lot with the lights on, or during the day. That isn't because it can't cope with those conditions, but just because by watching in those conditions you negate one of the major downsides of LCD technology having poorer uniformity.

jdearauj

Considering stretching my budget so interested in views please on better choice out of:

1. LG CX 77" for £2,753.19 (Marks Electrical after Amex 10% back)
  2. Sony 77" AG9 for £2879.98 (Costco in store)
  3. Sony 85" XH9505 for £2699.10 (Marks Electrical after Amex 10% back)

Will get a PS5 at some point (but not yet), bright room with floor to ceiling windows facing TV position, otherwise 4K through Netflix/Prime.

If LG CX 77" then can get for £3009.10 at Richer Sounds, worth extra £250 to buy from them?

Thanks!
I hope you don't mind me asking as I'm in the market for the LG CX 77.
Did you confirm with Marks Electrical that the cash back applies? I contacted Marks and they said it only applies to certain TVs with the LG CX 77" not included.
Thanks

Last edited:

tommyjoey

Novice Member
I hope you don't mind me asking as I'm in the market for the LG CX 77.
Did you confirm with Marks Electrical that the cash back applies? I contacted Marks and they said it only applies to certain TVs with the LG CX 77" not included.
Thanks
Yes it states on the page that the 10% is valid. It didn't work originally but they updated it. It automatically takes off the 10% when in your basket, just tested it again. The AMEX 10% back is obviously applied to your statement after you've made the purchase.

jdearauj

Yes it states on the page that the 10% is valid. It didn't work originally but they updated it. It automatically takes off the 10% when in your basket, just tested it again. The AMEX 10% back is obviously applied to your statement after you've made the purchase.
Thanks I appreciate the update. Weird they confirmed via the chat it does not work. I will give it a go and confirm if I have any issues.

GHazy

At 2.7k it's a crazy low price, so hard to say no and wait for new ones...

Vblue

Standard Member
Hi I'm also interested in whether the Amex offer works. I am interested in buying the Sony 75H9005 and the Sony 85XH9505 so that would be a saving of c.£460 if it does work. I asked Mark Electrical by chat but they couldn't tell me, and just said to check the T&Cs with Amex.

Can anyone confirm if the offer works?

Thanks

brokenamp

If you're not sure if the amex cashback will work with that offer, Amex live chat are very helpful (retailers often won't know about amex offers). There's always a risk that something goes wrong with cashback, but I've found amex very reliable

brokenamp

It'll be account dependent. Go into your offers in your Amex account - if it's not, you're out of luck :(

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom