75XH9505 or wait for XR-85X95J price drop?

Aleem

Active Member
Looks like I've missed the boat for a 85XH9505, can't find one anywhere.

Do I compromise and go for a 75XH9505, or wait till (if) this year's 85" model (XR-85X95J) drops in price (don't want to pay more than £2700).

What would you do?
 

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Looks like I've missed the boat for a 85XH9505, can't find one anywhere.

Do I compromise and go for a 75XH9505, or wait till (if) this year's 85" model (XR-85X95J) drops in price (don't want to pay more than £2700).

What would you do?

If you really want an 85" and have something to tide you over then I would wait BUT you might miss out again this time next year. Plan B would be to religiously monitor Sony centers refurbs and hope an 85" turns up but it you see one order immediately as they sell in minutes.

If you don't want to risk waiting another 9-11 months and missing out again then go for the 75" XH95 it's a quality television.
 

Aleem

Active Member
If you really want an 85" and have something to tide you over then I would wait BUT you might miss out again this time next year. Plan B would be to religiously monitor Sony centers refurbs and hope an 85" turns up but it you see one order immediately as they sell in minutes.

If you don't want to risk waiting another 9-11 months and missing out again then go for the 75" XH95 it's a quality television.
The thing is, 85" would be the ideal size for the room, and I don't want to compromise on the image quality, otherwise I could buy the 85XH9096 right now.

I take your point about potentially missing out again, and my brain is telling me to go for the 75XH9505 before they sell out too!

Thanks for the pointer to the Sony centre refurbs, I didn't even know they were a thing.
 

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom