1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

757ai Stalling?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kwagger, Aug 8, 2003.

1. kwagger

kwagger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

I have had my Pioneer 757Ai for about 2-3 months now, and I am extremenly happy with the PQ and DVD audio playback.

However, over the last 2-3 weeks, the machine has 'stopped' during playback.

The first time it happened, I had to check that no-one had accidentaly sat on the remote! didnt seem so, but I thought nothing of it. Thinking about it now, the machine does not go into 'resume' mode, so it wouldn't have been that anyway.

Unfortunately the problem has recurred two or three more times in the last couple of weeks.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when this occurs, i.e. after extended play, certain region, certain disks.

Has anyone else suffered a similar effect? any suggestions?

(Basicaly I dont really want to admit to myself that I must send it back, because Im sure i'll have to pay carriage, and be without a machine for a while!!) ...:mad:

although on the flip side, if i send it back, i could get it swapped out with a PAL prog model... maybe.

2. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I know this will be of no condolence to you but, mine does that! Same as yours, no resume, just quits. Hasn't done it in quite some time now, so fingers crossed.....

3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,142
    I have a 3yr old Tosh 210 (although relegated to the childrens room) and its NEVER done what you are describing, get it swapped as there is obvioulsy something wrong and you'll be forever watching whatever film expecting it to shut down half way through ;)

4. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    My Pioneer 656 has done that about 5 times over the last year - particularly on Gladiator R2.

Mark.

5. kwagger

kwagger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    ok i have spoken to the supplier and they have suggested that I reset the factory settings. (done by powering up the machine with the 'stop' button on the facia held in)

On reflection, I told them that the machine had once refused to play any vcd s (including one which had just previously played ok), until i turned the machine off and back on again. Almost like it needed a 're-boot' !

With this additional info, the supplier suggested that it could be either an mpeg card problem, or to do with the laser alignment. Both of these seem reasonable explanations, but hopefully the settings reset will do the trick.

I will let you know how I get on. Next step is RMA, but I hope that this wont be necessary.

Kwag