1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

757ai PAL PS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Oasis-GasPanic, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just been onto AREADVD's site (German) and noticed they are saying pioneer plan to release a free upgrade CD (I think) for PAL Progressive for the 757ai. FINALLY:clap: . I don't understand german and the translating program I use is crap so go check it out, hope this means Pioneer UK release the same thing here.

Regards,

2. kwagger

kwagger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    a translation of the page from babelfish:

The owners of the Pioneer DV-757Ai exzellent tested with us have for a long time for it waited, now come the desired PAL progressive updates. Starting from 20 June it should be possible loud loud heise.de to let the PAL de-energise progressive option free of charge. Even hand to put on the owners of the Players know not, are accomplished the update of all authorized service centers (ASC) of the manufacturer, on the Pioneer Website are a list of the service centers. Pioneer recommends the interested customers to send the equipment packed directly to one the ASCs specified in the list alternatively can the DV-757Ai also from the dealer, with whom the DVD player was purchased, toward one of the service centers be sent away. Loud heise.de is to be accomplished the update within three working-days, Pioneer takes over thereby all costs of the update, impossible is the transport costs for returning the devices. There is no limit, one temporally must thus not extremely hurry, in order to come into the benefit of the update.

In order to mark now the PAL Progresive suited equipment also outward, there is an appropriate sticker for the Player and an appropriate reference on the packing. In the menu of the DV-757Ai it is not to have after heise.de data however to be recognized whether an appropriate update was already accomplished or not. Therefore Pioneer guesses to examine with the purchase of new DV-757Ai the equipment for the presence of the referring already described (stickers to equipment and packing). There is a small hook however concerning the update: Who looks gladly code 1-Filme, loud heise.de no longer all too much joy in its DV-757Ai will have, because if the Player were switched already before the entry one the Pioneer service center codefree on, the modification does not function after the PAL HP of updates any longer.

sounds like it will be a 'proper' dealer sourced upgrade, with a nice sticker and everything.

fingers crossed, breath not being held.....

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    The last bit seems to say that if your 757 is already multi-region, the PAL progressive update stops it working.

Or have I read it wrong?

Gary.

4. kwagger

kwagger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I think its referring to one of the progressive scan mode selections.
    bear with me, cos I'm not 100% sure of the terminology here, but IIRC theres on, off auto1 and auto2.
    auto 1 is flag priority, auto 2 is cadence priority?

(or something like that...)

Cant see the point in providing a firmware upgrade which disables R1 playback if the machine is NTSC PS out of the box?!

5. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    that's fantastic news!

except for the multiregion part...

waiting confirmation! hurry up guys!

6. Zig

Zig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds like good news, I might be tempted to buy the odd PAL disc again once I have the upgrade :smoke:

7. kwagger

kwagger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    UPDATE

Update for Pioneer Dv-757 Ai Pioneer offers to all owners of the Top DVD Players Dv-757 Ai a free update for PAL progressive rendition. Starting from 19 June of the Pioneer Top DVD Players Dv-757 Ai flicker-free times starts for owners: A firmware update makes the universal Player (DVD, SACD and Dvd A) now fit for the rendition of progressive PAL pictures. Costs are not to result to the customers from the update. Only around the dispatch on one the authorized Pioneer service center must worry the buyer. Alternatively also pion he dealers receive the good piece and worry about the forwarding on one of the centers specified down. The update is to be accomplished within three working-days. video will examine soon whether the Player tested in expenditure 1/03 can along-play also in the mode of operation PAL pro in the absolute Top league.

and it then lists a load of german pioneer dealers who can carry this out.

Hopefully it wont be too long before it gets over here!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

8. Audionyx

Audionyx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Just as an appetiser, I phoned Pioneer technical and queried the recent rumours. The guy was candid about this and confirmed that a modification was due for testing from Japan. Subsequent to this an upgrade path would be determined (dealer or return to Pioneer UK) and all systems go!!

It seems as though Pioneer UK themselves have been pushing for this and the Japanese HQ have responded with a solution. I was told to hang fire until the end of the month for testing to conclude.

Nice one Pioneer!!

9. DEO

DEO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great news and I guess you guys are delighted because you already own a 757.

What are the chances that new machines will be PAL Progressive out of the box? Any mention of this?

Dave