757 Picture Problems

Russ 66

I got a Pioneer 757 last week and I have just noticed a problem with the picture. When the output is set to RGB there is a grey band / lightening at the top of the screen. This is very noticeble during dark scenes or with films in 2.35 : 1 on the top black bar. It happens with all discs and the player is connected to the TV into a RGB able scart socket. I have tried my old player, no problems at all. Its also ok if I set the output to video or s-vhs.
Any ideas or have i just got a dud?
:( :thumbsdow

gmt steve

Novice Member
I'm only guessing, because I haven't seen your problem first hand, but it sounds like an incompatability probem.
I had a vertical dark band about a third of the way from the left of the screen on a philips 100hz widescreen set and a Pioneer DVD player. The band was only present when using RGB, there was no problem with S-video.
I also had a similar band on a Toshiba Strata TV, but it wasn't a problem with the prefered Component connection. I have a friend who has something similar on a Loewe set with RGB. You can mask the problem by making sure the set is calibrated properly, especially black level (brightness).

Russ 66

Cheers,
Sounds like it could be the problem. My TV is a Toshiba 32Z13B. The only thing that puzzles me is then wy dont i get the same effect with my old Pioneer 717 player?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom