757 Picture Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Russ 66, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Russ 66

Russ 66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,125
    I got a Pioneer 757 last week and I have just noticed a problem with the picture. When the output is set to RGB there is a grey band / lightening at the top of the screen. This is very noticeble during dark scenes or with films in 2.35 : 1 on the top black bar. It happens with all discs and the player is connected to the TV into a RGB able scart socket. I have tried my old player, no problems at all. Its also ok if I set the output to video or s-vhs.
    Any ideas or have i just got a dud?
    :( :thumbsdow

2. Russ 66

Russ 66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,125
    Anyone?

3. gmt steve

gmt steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm only guessing, because I haven't seen your problem first hand, but it sounds like an incompatability probem.
    I had a vertical dark band about a third of the way from the left of the screen on a philips 100hz widescreen set and a Pioneer DVD player. The band was only present when using RGB, there was no problem with S-video.
    I also had a similar band on a Toshiba Strata TV, but it wasn't a problem with the prefered Component connection. I have a friend who has something similar on a Loewe set with RGB. You can mask the problem by making sure the set is calibrated properly, especially black level (brightness).

4. Russ 66

Russ 66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,125
    Cheers,
    Sounds like it could be the problem. My TV is a Toshiba 32Z13B. The only thing that puzzles me is then wy dont i get the same effect with my old Pioneer 717 player?