757 or 668

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stoobydale, Jan 10, 2005.

1. stoobydale

stoobydale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, Which would be the better player to match my tv? (PW6) I have looked at the specs and can't tell which would be best. What is a "Double layered" "Triple layered" chassis? and which is best? What is the difference with the D/A converter? I Will mainly use it for watching films and sometimes for music and initially with a Teac amp although will change to Pioneer eventually.
    Thanks in advance.

2. LITTLEBRITAIN

LITTLEBRITAIN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heya mate, the triple layerd chassis is basicly a steel plate on the bottom of the machine. i would look at the 668 unless you do want i-link that the 757 does have.
    the 757 is about a year oldher than the 668. the 668 also has hdmi and that may come in handy at some point. hope that helps?

3. stoobydale

stoobydale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Littlebritain. I was originally looking at the 668 but then a 757 came up on ebay today for £300 that's what made me curious, but it was bought with buy it now and I missed out. I didn't know the 757 was older than the 668. The pioneer website is a bit misleading in that department (to me anyway) because the 757 is below the 868 and the 668 is below the 757 :confused:

4. Strobe

Strobe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
  5. Strobe

Strobe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    I was seriously looking at the Pioneer but managed to get a good deal on the Marantz DV6400 (£100+VAT)!