75" X90J Vs 65" C1

SMLMckenzie

I recently returned my 75" Sony X900H due to bugs and am trying to make my mind up between a 65" C1 (or maybe a B1?) and a 75" X90J.

I liked the X900H It had a great picture but was ruined due to buggy software. The TV will be used with an equal mix of Movies, games and TV shows.

I can get the 75" X90J for about £1200 and the C1 for £1,419.99.

Has anyone went from a 75" back to a smaller size and did you regret it?

Dodgexander

I think you'd probably regret downsizing, but I also don't think its worth going for the X90J compared to a higher end 65". You make too many drawbacks with HDR picture quality, not that much different really from when you decided on the X900H over an OLED.

Better idea would be to look at the 75" X95J or last years X950H for a better compromise.

SMLMckenzie

I really liked the picture on the x900h and thought the X90J was just a slightly upgraded version of that with working 4k120?

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Either save more pennies for a 77" oled or stick with a 75". I've never had an extra large screen, but I'd never go back to a 55 from a 65 by choice.

SMLMckenzie

Well I ended up getting the 75" X90J for £1164 from Richer sounds. I went to John Lewis today to compare the X90J and the C1 and the desicion was easy. I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about the C1 or OLED in general. The picture is so dull on the OLED's and the colours are on par with the X90J. I saw my X900H in John Lewis before I bought it and it looked just as good in the show room as when I got it home so I can't imagine the show room lighting causing the C1 to look that much worse than in the living room.

It really was a no brainer the X90J being 10" bigger and £300 cheaper.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
The difference comes apparent in a dark room. Still, it's a good telly.

SMLMckenzie

Is a Sony XR65X90JU LED better than a OLED in 2022 though?

Are you meaning is an X90J better than 2022 OLEDs? If so, that question doesn't have much relavence to the original question. 2022 OLEDs are probably 3 times more expensive for a 75" model than a 75" X90J.

BobbyBoucher

Are you meaning is an X90J better than 2022 OLEDs? If so, that question doesn't have much relavence to the original question. 2022 OLEDs are probably 3 times more expensive for a 75" model than a 75" X90J.
I was going to get the C1 but I am not convinced going OLED is the "bee-all and end-all" of a new tv in 2022.

How are you finding the X90J ?

SMLMckenzie

I haven't actually received it yet. It comes tomorrow. I do own a 75" X900H which has an excellent picture. When I bought it I thought it looked better than the C1 and after a few months of ownership I still think that.

I really think OLED is way over hyped. There is a lot of Post-purchase rationalisation from owners of OLED's I think. I suppose you could say the same about me. But consider the fact that I have made the comparison between the C1 and the X900H back in October 2021 and decided the X900H looked better, and paid £1350 for it. Then, even after being really annoyed by the bugs on the X900H, being annoyed enough to start the return process, I still came to the conclusion that the Sony FALD TV looks better than the C1 and again put my money where my mouth was and bought the X90J over the C1.

Best thing you can do is get yourself to your local John Lewis and see the TV's in person. If you have the room, compare the 75" X90J to the 65" C1. Those two are closest in price. I would be surprised if you thought the C1 looked better and was the more immersive experience.

BobbyBoucher

I haven't actually received it yet. It comes tomorrow. I do own a 75" X900H which has an excellent picture. When I bought it I thought it looked better than the C1 and after a few months of ownership I still think that.

I really think OLED is way over hyped. There is a lot of Post-purchase rationalisation from owners of OLED's I think. I suppose you could say the same about me. But consider the fact that I have made the comparison between the C1 and the X900H back in October 2021 and decided the X900H looked better, and paid £1350 for it. Then, even after being really annoyed by the bugs on the X900H, being annoyed enough to start the return process, I still came to the conclusion that the Sony FALD TV looks better than the C1 and again put my money where my mouth was and bought the X90J over the C1.

Best thing you can do is get yourself to your local John Lewis and see the TV's in person. If you have the room, compare the 75" X90J to the 65" C1. Those two are closest in price. I would be surprised if you thought the C1 looked better and was the more immersive experience.
I just returned the Hisense 65' OLED that apparently has the same panel as the C1.
I have quite a bright room and the Hisense was pretty good, but went back as so many issues with the sound.

So now i am debating if OLED is even needed for me with Netflix/IPTV use. No gaming etc.
Will deffo take a look in JL/Richer Sounds at the Sony.
Thanks for the reply.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom