75'' TV reccomendation please for general purpose living room

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm after a 75'' TV recommendation please for my living room. It's the parents living room actually to be precise. Maximum viewing distance is probably 4.4metres

The house will have:
in the snug a 65'' Panasonic 902b
Cinema room a 77'' OLED and a 95'' projector

So this is a general all purpose living room TV.

The one caveat is the stand we have for the TV (an antique wooden chest) is quite small so ideally I'd like a stand which has weight centred around the middle of the stand.

Any reccomendations?

Budget wise, because we already have a dedicated room to watch stuff in all its glory.. I'm looking for value for money. Maybe in the £1,000 to £2,000 price range. Which models should I be keeping an eye open for?

We will be buying the TV in late February.

Provided you don't need wider viewing angles top end would be Q70R, otherwise limited options in the mid range leave you with the Q60R.

Hisense do a B series at 75" which is good value too and may be all you need.

Sony XG9505/Q85R are priced too high right now, but you may find a deal come February if it enters clearance discount.

Options otherwise are more risky, or simply not good value. LGs are using all IPS type panels. Lower tier Samsung/Philips models I'm not sure what panel type you'll end up with so don't tend to recommend them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom