Question 75" or larger Budget Screen for Office; what to buy?

angi73

I am in the process of refurbing my office.

I am going to have a meeting table for 8 people and plan to fix a large TV to the wall to use for presentations and displaying figures.

Essentially it's not a huge space and I feel a UHD 4K screen of 75" or above would be quite usable.

I was then hoping the fringe benefit is I can watch the news or sports if I want to!

I'm a little torn as to what to buy as I have borderline overspent on the rest of the office already.

I have been tempted by this super cheap LG 75" that is advertised as Curry's only:

1K inc Vat if you take into account the £100 off. I will be paying with company CC so I guess EX VAT is what I will really look at.

LG 75UK6200PLB 75" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV

Sevenoaks have offered me a Sony 75" for £1850

Sony KD-75XF8596 75

I'm sure the Sony is better, but for just displaying a powerpoint then is it worth it??

Difficult as if I was looking for home I would be going for a smaller display but higher quality. At home I'm still slightly in the dark ages with a Pioneer 42" Plasma that still does stirling service.

BTW, my laptop does have a 4K UHD output.

Maybe I should go even bigger?

Budget is 1-2K but I need to justify the spend....

What do you guys think???

Dodgexander

I'm sure the Sony is better, but for just displaying a powerpoint then is it worth it??
The Sony is a better TV in the respect of motion, it uses a 120hz panel that lets you enable more effective motion smoothing and blur reduction features, its more likely you won't notice juddery motion as much as you will with the LG. Having said that though, its going to be no better than the LG for presentations unless you have problems with glare and its smart TV is actually worse than the LG.
Difficult as if I was looking for home I would be going for a smaller display but higher quality. At home I'm still slightly in the dark ages with a Pioneer 42" Plasma that still does stirling service.
It will hold out surprisingly well compared to todays TVs for normal every day to day TV content.
BTW, my laptop does have a 4K UHD output.
HDMI I hope? It will need a HDMI 2.0 supported graphics output via HDMI, display port won't be supported without using an adapter.

Maybe I should go even bigger?
You can, but you'll pay even more of a premium for a larger TV than you already do for a 75".

What kind of viewing angles will you need? That is probably going to be the most important factor. If you need good viewing angles both TVs you have suggested are good choices, if however everyone sits in front of the TV (within a 60 degree cone) you'll be better off with something like a Hisense A series (low end option) or Samsung NU8000 (higher end).

Most of the difference between buying cheap or buying more expensive will be with motion.

There is a section for large TVs I made here: My best value TVs, 2018-2019 Edition

angi73

Thanks very much for the comprehensive reply. I think I will go for the LG. At £999 it is a bit of a steal, moving images would only be occasional use if anything so I think it will be fine.

Also, as the viewing angles for the LG are quite good then I think that will help.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom