Question 75 inch TV for Gaming

dinoric

Standard Member
HI,

Trying hard to decide whether a 75 inch Tv will be fine for gaming when sitting about 8ft away maybe upto 10ft. I will probably be most likely sitting at 8ft away so was just concerned if this will be too close to comfortable be able to enjoy playing games without getting eye strain from constantly having to focus on elements of the game at the edges of the screen.

Or would a 65 inch be better in this regard. The Tv will also be used for watching movies and general Tv programs but id say 80% of the time will be used for gaming.

Thanks.

tvdavid

Get the Sony XH90 75 inch seems a pretty good price
or maybe the 65 inch LG CX but its a bit more.

Dodgexander

Viewing distance recommendations change depending on the theory you want to follow:

From purely the point of view of noticing/benefiting from the extra pixels of a 4k display (with 4k material) you aren't viewing too close at 8ft at all. If you are watching mixed content however, you may be happy with how poorer quality material looks on a smaller TV.

I personally am thinking about buying a 75" at around 6ft viewing distance, so I wouldn't find it too big, but on the other hand there are people who have posted here who find a 43" too big at an 8ft viewing distance so its really a matter of personal taste. The reason I'm looking at a big TV is purely for immersion and high quality movies. I don't care so much about how poorer material looks.

What you may be able to do is make a cardboard/paper cut out of the dimensions of the TV (wxh) and place it where the TV will go, might give you an idea of how big it is.

For gaming and the future, you may consider a Samsung is a better choice btw: My best TVs for next gen gaming 2020-21

More expensive, but with a HDMI v2.1 port versus only v2.0 on the Sony XH95. The Sony XH90 is a lower tier model, fine for non-HDR, but dim for HDR standards.

dinoric

Standard Member
Get the Sony XH90 75 inch seems a pretty good price
or maybe the 65 inch LG CX but its a bit more.
Thanks. I was thinking about that one.

Viewing distance recommendations change depending on the theory you want to follow:

From purely the point of view of noticing/benefiting from the extra pixels of a 4k display (with 4k material) you aren't viewing too close at 8ft at all. If you are watching mixed content however, you may be happy with how poorer quality material looks on a smaller TV.

I personally am thinking about buying a 75" at around 6ft viewing distance, so I wouldn't find it too big, but on the other hand there are people who have posted here who find a 43" too big at an 8ft viewing distance so its really a matter of personal taste. The reason I'm looking at a big TV is purely for immersion and high quality movies. I don't care so much about how poorer material looks.

What you may be able to do is make a cardboard/paper cut out of the dimensions of the TV (wxh) and place it where the TV will go, might give you an idea of how big it is.

For gaming and the future, you may consider a Samsung is a better choice btw: My best TVs for next gen gaming 2020-21

More expensive, but with a HDMI v2.1 port versus only v2.0 on the Sony XH95. The Sony XH90 is a lower tier model, fine for non-HDR, but dim for HDR standards.

Thanks. I'll take a look at the Samsung Tv's.

The room the Tv is going in is 14.5ft by 10ft so a 75 inch does look slightly big in there as i've already tested out the size with a cardboard cutout but I will be mainly the only person who uses the room so it shouldn't really matter if it looks slightly too big for the room.

Still have some concerns that at the 7-8ft distance about the quicked paced nature of some games and the general gaming content that appears right near the edges of the screen and if this will end of giving me eye strain from constantly having to move the focus of eyes across the screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom