75 inch 4k TV

footballwatford

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a 55 inch Sony Bravia (the first very thin one they did) bought in 2015. Love it however it
is too small for the room which it is now in and I plan to move it to a smaller room. I think
I need a 75 inch. What would you experts recommend? I'd like something that reflects sunlight
well as a great deal comes into the room. Don't want to pay much more than £1000. Thanks

You really need to have an idea of what you need and want before anyone can recommend anything.

However at that budget, if you're looking for 4K and decent HDR you're out of luck.

You really need to have an idea of what you need and want before anyone can recommend anything.

However at that budget, if you're looking for 4K and decent HDR you're out of luck.
I just need something bigger than my 55 inch Sony which at the time was high end. I've seen some 75/70 inch LG's, Samsung's and Phillips in this price range. Don't game just want it mainly for watching football.

how about this one?

If you just want a bigger TV, don't want HDR and don't want to do any reading to help you understand about why choosing a TV is more difficult now and all those links I posted to assist you.

It's fine.

As are the Hisense, LG's and Philips in your price bracket.

If you want to make an educated purchase, you need to do some reading.

Your current TV may be "high-end" but none of the TVs at 75" in your price range are. They may very well be worse than your current TV, depending upon what you're watching.

Last edited:
75" models that stand out when it comes to anti glare are going to sell for a lot more than £1000 I'm afraid. Even with that budget at 65" I don't think you'll find something decent. If you wait until Black Friday £1000 would be a good budget to spend on the 55" Samsung Q85T which will be very good at fighting glare. At 75" though that TV costs a lot more.

If you could give us the model number of your existing TV it may help. If I was to take a guess your TV is going to be a lot better than what you can buy at 75" today for 1k.

Great advice given. In this case bigger is almost certainly not better.....

75" models that stand out when it comes to anti glare are going to sell for a lot more than £1000 I'm afraid. Even with that budget at 65" I don't think you'll find something decent. If you wait until Black Friday £1000 would be a good budget to spend on the 55" Samsung Q85T which will be very good at fighting glare. At 75" though that TV costs a lot more.

If you could give us the model number of your existing TV it may help. If I was to take a guess your TV is going to be a lot better than what you can buy at 75" today for 1k.
Thanks mate.
Yes I have a Sony KD-55X9005C - I bought it in 2015 and loved it as it was so slim.
I've done some research now and I like the Samsung QE75Q60T - do you rate it. I'm in no major hurry wait until black friday?

Great advice given. In this case bigger is almost certainly not better.....
need bigger not for the glare but the room size, we've moved and the room it is in a 55 gets swallowed up. we'll keep the sony which is a KD-55X9005C and move it to another room which currently houses a 55inch blaupunkt supermarket tv (which actually isn't that bad) however will be the one we get rid of.

thanks have read what you sent me greatly appreciated as I'm not techy at all. my sony bought in 2015 is a KD-55X9005C and as I've said bought it was it was so slim, sits on the wall like a picture. from taking in your links I'm thinking about buying a Samsung QE75Q60T - good choice?

It's a bit better than your other choices but again won't do HDR and has no filter to prevent reflections which is a big "want" on your list.

As Dodgexander says, TVs with good anti-reflective filters, HDR etc don't start with a 1 at that size.

You either need to change your ideas regarding the size or reassess your budget.

3rd option. Move sofa closer to the TV, it's the same as buying a bigger one. :p

The Samsung Q60T isn't a great choice and won't be significantly better than your current TV. You'll get a TV with broadly the same specifications, it will be UHD instead of FHD, so you will notice a little more detail in a good quality source, but you'll missing out on proper HDR, and better anti reflective properties reserved for higher end models.

In your shoes I'd save to afford at very least a TV like the Sony 75XH9005 or more preferably the Samsung 75Q80T and I wouldn't really want to go lower than that, for risk of being underwhelmed by your new purchase.

The Samsung Q85T is the first to come with very good anti glare, and would be perfect for you.

Right now when you look at different TVs you may be shocked at how much they cost, but don't fear; prices are very high at the moment. Your cash won't stretch very far now even with 2000 to spend. You are much better with a limited budget buying a new TV around spring time each year.

thanks have read what you sent me greatly appreciated as I'm not techy at all. my sony bought in 2015 is a KD-55X9005C and as I've said bought it was it was so slim, sits on the wall like a picture. from taking in your links I'm thinking about buying a Samsung QE75Q60T - good choice?

If my memory is correct your 55" was a premium set way back in the day. It could well be that your new one doesn't give as good a picture quality, or certainly not much better. But if it's purely size that's important and not the best picture quality for the money then I wouldn't worry too much.

QLED is just marketing.

It's still an LCD TV and nothing like an OLED which is a completely different technology.

My brother in law has a Samsung VE55KS8000 which is several years old... I think the picture for me on it is brilliant as long as what I get is a good as that I’m happy.

And it was a near top of the range TV and very pricey.

Oh thanks .... why do they make it so bloody confusing... so I need HDR

You don't need HDR but to actually watch good HDR you need to get the top end sets. If you just want a good picture then definitely don't worry about it as your last set didn't have HDR. Samsung have been very clever with their marketing, loads think qled is different but it's not at all.

My brother in law has a Samsung VE55KS8000 which is several years old... I think the picture for me on it is brilliant as long as what I get is a good as that I’m happy.
KS8000 could reach about 1500 nits, was one of their top lineup models back in 2016. There's no direct replacement for it now, but today its probably most similar to the Q85T or Q90T.
If you don't mind poorer peak brightness compared to the KS8000 the Q70T should be okay.

Q60T is a big downgrade compared to it, not a capable HDR TV because it can only reach around 400 nits rather than 1500 of the KS8000.

To give some perspective the Q60T is a similar performer to Samsung's lower end NU8000 sold back in 2016. A complete model line down from the KS8000.

Cheers guys everything is pointing at the Q85T isn’t it.... however I don’t have £3,000 spare at the moment maybe the price will come down ?? when do you think this might happen ?

You didn't read much of those links did you? :p

Black Friday is the start of decent discounts and they're at their cheapest next Spring as the new 2021 TVs start coming through.

However, these huge sized TV's don't normally see the kind of discounts you get on 50"-65" models.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom