75" around £1,500~

I'm leaning more towards the 75Xh9505 now. Wish the prices would drop though. I initially wanted to pay about a grand and now will be trying to justify shelling out 2!
I’ve got exactly the same dilemma 😂
I'm thinking I'm going to lean the other way, go for a £500 (pricematched) 70" TU7020 and when all these nextgen features have become more standard in a couple of years, look at an upgrade then and sell the TU7020 on at a slight loss. The difference in technology by then will hopefully make up for the depreciation and at only £500 in the first place the loss isn't going to be too high anyway.

I'm thinking I'm going to lean the other way, go for a £500 (pricematched) 70" TU7020 and when all these nextgen features have become more standard in a couple of years, look at an upgrade then and sell the TU7020 on at a slight loss. The difference in technology by then will hopefully make up for the depreciation and at only £500 in the first place the loss isn't going to be too high anyway.
Sounds like maybe a good option where have you found that deal?

Sounds like maybe a good option where have you found that deal?
It was reduced for about 24 hours around Christmas by Argos and John Lewis price matched it for me at the time, had to purchase within 28 days.

Fair enough. But the KD75XH9005 has stayed at 1599.
Dunno. Maybe they had stocks to shift of the other and now they have and have to pay more for fresh stocks. Prices are volatile

I settled on the 70" TU7020 in the end and honestly, the jump in quality from my 39" I got a few years back is so significant I'm pretty happy with what I've got. Especially for the price (£499).

Ignore the unit on the left, that's my old TV stand that needs to be moved on.

I was also fortunate to find one of the Dwell units I was looking at online (RRP £549) for £180 on FB Marketplace too so the set-up got sorted in one day on Friday as the "after market" stand (£40) was also delivered on Thursday evening.

The only issue I had is that the 20mm screws for the stand were not long enough to mount the TV despite both the instruction manual for the stand and for the TV saying they would be. Had to run to Screwfix to get some 25mm screws instead... and now I have 46 spares as they only sell them in bags of 50!

Attachments

• 142371405_712086126173988_7427059126465852838_n.jpg
    142371405_712086126173988_7427059126465852838_n.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 47
I settled on the 70" TU7020 in the end and honestly, the jump in quality from my 39" I got a few years back is so significant I'm pretty happy with what I've got. Especially for the price (£499).

I was also fortunate to find one of the Dwell units I was looking at online (RRP £549) for £180 on FB Marketplace too so the set-up got sorted in one day on Friday as the "after market" stand (£40) was also delivered on Thursday evening.

The only issue I had is that the 20mm screws for the stand were not long enough to mount the TV despite both the instruction manual for the stand and for the TV saying they would be. Had to run to Screwfix to get some 25mm screws instead... and now I have 46 spares as they only sell them in bags of 50

The only issue I had is that the 20mm screws for the stand were not long enough to mount the TV despite both the instruction manual for the stand and for the TV saying they would be. Had to run to Screwfix to get some 25mm screws instead... and now I have 46 spares as they only sell them in bags of 50!
looks good and a great TV for the price you got it at

MOD EDIT* corrected post.

Last edited by a moderator:
what issues might you get with an ex-display 75Xh9505? I see that Sevenoaks are still offering a full warranty on these ex-display units so would any issues be covered by that?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom