1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

737 picture problems !

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MW, Mar 13, 2001.

1. MW

MW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im having some problems with my Pioneer 737. Ill do my best to describe. If there is a light object on a darker back round ( or vica versa)a subtle horizontal band can be seen across the entire screen the width of the object distorting the color. (Eg. a white credit on black back round has a whitish band across screen) . Its mostly subtle and not noticeable, but in scenes with lots of dark and light contrast it quite prevalent. It only occurs in RGB output mode, I have Straightwire scart-scart lead, into a very cheap Samsung TV with RGB scart. My initial thought are its the TV. Im moving back to Oz soon so I dont want to buy a better TV. Has anyone come across this effect, or have any thoughts on the cause?
    Cheers!

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    My first suspicion would fall on the TV. I use my 737 in S-video, Composite, and Component and have never seen what you describe. But shadowing like this is prevalent on cheap CRTs - you even see it on some early computer monitors.

Can you check this against other sources (eg digital satellite or on-digital) to see if it is the same? Can you also check other outputs from the DVD into the same TV - eg composite or S-video? This might narrow it down.

3. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you turn off the comb filter on the TV?

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com