720p projector or Pioneer 508xd

Doctor Smith

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a 720p projector and 92in screen. My lounge is not very big, my wife keeps saying that the projector and screen are an eye sore along with my 42 plasma. She says why dont you sell TV projector and screen and get a 50" plasma Pioneer 508xd. Any thought would be very helpful

Just a thought....but if a 42" plasma is already an eye sore then surely a 50" would be worse?

all 3 together she wants compromise projecter and screen go and I can have 50 plasma

Okey dokey....

Have you had a demo of the Pioneer? Does it have to be the Pioneer btw?

doesn't have to be. from reviews it seems to be the best 50inch at the minute. Why can you recommend another

Personally, I wouldn't go by reviews. Try and get some domo's (using your sources as demo material if possible).

If it were me, I'd personally go for a Fujitsu plasma.

Doctor Smith, have you thought about replacing the wife?

Out of interest, what is it that she doesn't like about the current set-up? You could do a lot to make a home cinema set-up more living room friendly and keep a pj and screen. I could understand your wifes distain if there is a static screen permanently on a wall in your living room rather than a nice family portrait!, but how about a pull down screen or even a concealed screen in the ceiling? Is your PJ ceiling mounted with the cables chased in the walls/ceiling or stuck on the coffee table with a load of cables everywhere that she trips over when passing with the vacuum cleaner?;)

Maybe there is a compromise to be had to keep you both happy. Just my thoughts.

it is pull down and ceiling mounted . When someone walks in the lounge the first thing they notice is casing of screen on ceiling. Get rid of wife now theres a thought

So it is the screen rather than the pj that is the problem - not sure how a 50" plasma stuck on the wall is not going to be the first thing people see when they walk in the room and how that is more wife friendly but it does seem that you have already put effort into hiding the screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom