720p or 1080p

pafchgv

Novice Member
im not very technically minded, im toying with the idea of getting a projector rather than a tv my main use would be for my xbox and a little bit of tele mainly football when its on i watch about 3 films a year maximum usually around xmas time if you asked me to name five films that have come out this year i would look at you with a blank expression so in a nutshell do i need 1080p for gaming and a little bit of tv or is 720p ok if its the latter i am hoping to get the optima from play.com with the free screen.

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
well if your not into blu ray then 720p will be fine, most 720p projectors are at least 1/2 price of 1080p:)

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Stick with 720p the xbox is only 1080i anyway isn't it? but thats irrelevant anyway. If you don't watch movies it isn't worth the extra and even then I have seen some worse 1080p PJ's than my 720p Infocus X9 so I think it is worth seeing Demo's of a few different projectors and see for yourself.

Steve

nwgarratt

I wouldn't bother with 1080p for what you are watching. You don't even need 720p but it is hard not to get at least that now.

The play.com offer is a really good deal. The screen is worth at least 4 times more than you are paying for it with the PJ.

pafchgv

Novice Member
thanks for all the advice i have pretty much set my heart on the new benq one although as this is my first projector i would be grateful to have a couple of reviews on it are the replacement lamps a reasonable price.

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Don't worry about lamps by the time you need a new one there will be new technology ie 3D and you will upgrade anyway.

nuff

Hi pafchgv.

I can highly recomend the optoma HD65, the picture quality is really really good.

Have a look in my setup below, on page 3 i`ve taken some shots of it running, i`m sure you will not be disapointed with this projector :smashin:

shiseido

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom