• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

720p 50 or 60hz (very basic question)

phillyman

Standard Member
Hi,

I downloaded some TV shows from the states as 720p .mkv files. At the moment I'm living in Europe and just bought an emtec n200 to play my media files.

Now what should I put my output settings? Either the 720p 50hz for the us show or do I need to use 720p 60hz for the European TV? My guess is the TV settings but maybe the TV doesn't really care since I'm sending the signal over a HDMI connection...

As you can tell I really have no clue what I'm talking about so any guidance would be helpful. Thanks! Ah and my TV supports upto 1080p. Soooo should that be the output or just what the show is...

Thanks for any and all help and if I missed a thread, which talked about this sorry,

Cheers,

Phillyman

Also with this model it should be possible to get a wireless setup. Do I have to buy their usb wifi dongle or should any usb wifi dongle work?

Last edited:

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Most media players will handle such files automatically regardless of framerate , just give it a go and see.

If you do have problems , the chances are its nothing to do with the player and more to do with the illegal nature of the material , unless you make these files yourself , you dont know what your getting , or how well the job was done.

talas

Banned
Hi,

I downloaded some TV shows from the states as 720p .mkv files. At the moment I'm living in Europe and just bought an emtec n200 to play my media files.

Now what should I put my output settings? Either the 720p 50hz for the us show or do I need to use 720p 60hz for the European TV? My guess is the TV settings but maybe the TV doesn't really care since I'm sending the signal over a HDMI connection...

As you can tell I really have no clue what I'm talking about so any guidance would be helpful. Thanks! Ah and my TV supports upto 1080p. Soooo should that be the output or just what the show is...

Thanks for any and all help and if I missed a thread, which talked about this sorry,

Cheers,

Phillyman

Also with this model it should be possible to get a wireless setup. Do I have to buy their usb wifi dongle or should any usb wifi dongle work?

Knowing The Emtec Leave it on HDMI Auto.. Will give You The Best results.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom