70pus8535

nagyfej

Novice Member
Hi!
I have a 70pus 8530 philips tv. With the TV's HDMI cable, the ARC is connected to a Pioneer vsx-827 Av amplifier. When I watch Netflix and send the sound to the home theater there is only sound in the stereo! In 5.1 it just sizzles! What is this about?

HAM5ter84

Hi!
I have a 70pus 8530 philips tv. With the TV's HDMI cable, the ARC is connected to a Pioneer vsx-827 Av amplifier. When I watch Netflix and send the sound to the home theater there is only sound in the stereo! In 5.1 it just sizzles! What is this about?
Have you put audio out as multi channel. It sounds like the audio out is set to stereo from the sounds like it, as believe this is the default out of the box , as I had similar with my Yamaha ysp-1600.

If you change the audio out to multi channel bitstream then it should pass out the Dolby digital plus encoded 5.1 from Netflix.

You may also need to change over via the frequent menu option on output from TV speaker to hdmi sound device.

This should hopefully sort it.

nagyfej

Novice Member
Próbáltam mindenféle beállítást, de nem ment. Most kapcsoltam ki az ARC-t és létrehoztam egy SPDIF kapcsolatot. És ez így működik! HDMI-vel nem!

nagyfej

Novice Member
Próbáltam mindenféle beállítást, de nem ment. Most kapcsoltam ki az ARC-t és létrehoztam egy SPDIF kapcsolatot. És ez így működik! HDMI-vel nem!
Have you put audio out as multi channel. It sounds like the audio out is set to stereo from the sounds like it, as believe this is the default out of the box , as I had similar with my Yamaha ysp-1600.

If you change the audio out to multi channel bitstream then it should pass out the Dolby digital plus encoded 5.1 from Netflix.

You may also need to change over via the frequent menu option on output from TV speaker to hdmi sound device.

This should hopefully sort it.
Sorry!
I tried all sorts of settings but it didn't work. I just turned off ARC and established an SPDIF connection. And that's how it works! Not with HDMI!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom