70PUS8535 - 70" MVA picture settings

Bykovsky

Hello everyone.

Today my 70PUS8535 TV is arriving and I'd like to ask you for picture settings for this TV. It has a MVA panel (according to displayspecification.com).

I have found some setting in the other thread here on the AVF, but I'm not sure whether they are correct ones for the MVA panel.

Initially people were thinking that all TV sizes of the Performance 8500 Series have MVA panels (again, according to displayspecification.com), but aparently some of them have IPS panels - it is said that 43" and 65" models are produced with IPS panels.
If someone has optimised the picture qualtity for this 70PUS8535 model (70" MVA), I'd would be grateful for sharing them here on the AVF.

Last edited:

Bykovsky

Could someone help me with this one? The picture quality is unsatisfying while watching videos in lower quality than 4K - dark scenes are bleached and dark colors blend into faded stains.

Also, Dolby Vision is not working properly (e.g. watching Netflix, "The Irishman" for instance), the picture is bleached as well, like in a low-quality CRT TV from '90 with a grain effect visible on the screen.

Hi, in the 65 "cut it is almost sure to be an IPS, while the 43" cut is MVA.
I think the pale effect of the screen may depend on a bad management of the direct led, you with the larger cut I imagine that the effect is more evident, a minimum is also present in the 43 "cut.
Then I confirm an imperfect management of the dolby vision, sometimes the normal 4k titles without dolby support are better seen

Bykovsky

Hi, in the 65 "cut it is almost sure to be an IPS, while the 43" cut is MVA.
I think the pale effect of the screen may depend on a bad management of the direct led, you with the larger cut I imagine that the effect is more evident, a minimum is also present in the 43 "cut.
Then I confirm an imperfect management of the dolby vision, sometimes the normal 4k titles without dolby support are better seen

Thanks for the reply. I decided to return that TV, as I bought it online. I swapped it for LG 70UN71006LA, hopefully for a better.

alfa159

my son had the lg 7100 model and a model that in my opinion is much inferior to the philips. in fact my son resold it as soon as he found whoever wanted it and a nanocell sm82 in advance. LG 7100 is not as bad as images but not in resolution to compare for example to the Philips 58pus8555. everyone to his tastes maybe you like it .but with the untime image adjustments and much improved, however, it is right to change the tv if your taste was not satisfied

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom