Philips 70PUS304/12 sonos Arc + Apple TV4k settings

invalidusername99

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just bought the combo in the title, and have some frustrating issues when I use all 3. Wondering If I should return Apple TV as I see no benefits, only issues.

Using only the TV + Arc everything works flawlessly, I have Atmos/vision in supported content, volume on the Arc is controlled by the TV remote. All my issues come from adding Apple TV to the mix. I have lip sync issues on Netflix, sometimes the screen flickers, and the Apple TV remote works only to turn the Phillips TV off, not on.

On the TV I have set:
Audio out to > Home theater system > Multichannel (Multichannel Bypass causes lip sync issues)
Judging by the Sonos APP I get DTS + and Atmos this way
Is this the best format?
I have EasyLink enabled
HDMI Video is set to Optimal, Dolby Vision logo appears on supported content

ATV 4k:
Dolby Vision 4k 60HZ
Sound shows Atmos enabled and available
Remote is set to control TV via IR
Using high speed Hdmi cable from my Xbox One S
Rest is at default

So my question is, are these common issues? Is this because I do not have eARC? Is there any point to having Apple TV in this combo? I have reset all TV settings 2 times, but the same issues persist. So far Im not really impressed.

I had lip sync issues with my Sonos Arc and 805 TV, to fix the problem I brought HD Fury’s Arcana. It is expensive and frustrating I had to pay for a solution to fix Philip’s problem, but it works.

I had lip sync issues with my Sonos Arc and 805 TV, to fix the problem I brought HD Fury’s Arcana. It is expensive and frustrating I had to pay for a solution to fix Philip’s problem, but it works.

Thank you for the reply. I don't think the Fury arcana can be bought anywhere here in Norway. Are there any major benefits to staying with the apple TV vs the built-in apps on the Philips?

You could easily live without it, however I’m an Apple fanboy and have owned every edition of Apple TV and just prefer the layout. I also use it for my photos and some times Apple Arcade. The other advantage is you get full Atmos and not DD+, though I’m not sure if you can tell the difference or not?

Hi

Just bought the combo in the title, and have some frustrating issues when I use all 3. Wondering If I should return Apple TV as I see no benefits, only issues.

Using only the TV + Arc everything works flawlessly, I have Atmos/vision in supported content, volume on the Arc is controlled by the TV remote. All my issues come from adding Apple TV to the mix. I have lip sync issues on Netflix, sometimes the screen flickers, and the Apple TV remote works only to turn the Phillips TV off, not on.

On the TV I have set:
Audio out to > Home theater system > Multichannel (Multichannel Bypass causes lip sync issues)
Judging by the Sonos APP I get DTS + and Atmos this way
Is this the best format?
I have EasyLink enabled
HDMI Video is set to Optimal, Dolby Vision logo appears on supported content

ATV 4k:
Dolby Vision 4k 60HZ
Sound shows Atmos enabled and available
Remote is set to control TV via IR
Using high speed Hdmi cable from my Xbox One S
Rest is at default

So my question is, are these common issues? Is this because I do not have eARC? Is there any point to having Apple TV in this combo? I have reset all TV settings 2 times, but the same issues persist. So far Im not really impressed.
These issues are unlikely to be with the Apple TV itself. They are more likely to be the TV, Sonos Arc, cable, or settings.

Regarding the audio delay, have you tried changing the Apple TV audio settings? Setting to stereo or Dolby 5.1 to test if there’s still a delay?

It’s odd that multichannel bypass would cause a delay on the audio, as i believe that’s the intended setting to stop the TV adding any processing to the audio coming from any connected devices. Have you tried connecting the Apple TV directly to the soundbar? (or is there only 1 input?)

Have you tried a different HMDI cable?

I’ve also seen a lot of comments online about Sonos Arc audio lag issues. I don’t know if this thread can help you at all? — Philips OLED806 sound is buggy combined with Sonos ARC

The Apple TV remote not turning on the TV is an issue with the Philips TV software. I had the same issue and had to nag them to do a software update which eventually fixed it. I’d suggest emailing their support for more help.

These issues are unlikely to be with the Apple TV itself. They are more likely to be the TV, Sonos Arc, cable, or settings.

Regarding the audio delay, have you tried changing the Apple TV audio settings? Setting to stereo or Dolby 5.1 to test if there’s still a delay?

It’s odd that multichannel bypass would cause a delay on the audio, as i believe that’s the intended setting to stop the TV adding any processing to the audio coming from any connected devices. Have you tried connecting the Apple TV directly to the soundbar? (or is there only 1 input?)

Have you tried a different HMDI cable?

I’ve also seen a lot of comments online about Sonos Arc audio lag issues. I don’t know if this thread can help you at all? — Philips OLED806 sound is buggy combined with Sonos ARC

The Apple TV remote not turning on the TV is an issue with the Philips TV software. I had the same issue and had to nag them to do a software update which eventually fixed it. I’d suggest emailing their support for more help.

Thank you for the reply, I believe I tried all those tips, including buying new 2.1 hdmi cable. Using every other audio settings like Stereo or 5.1 works flawlessly, the audio delay is only present when set to Atmos. It's really bad for Netflix, Disney+ and HBO max. It seems no matter what I try, the TV does its own audio processing and is causing the delay. I have put the ATV in another room as it's just causing me frustration. Im using only the built-in TV apps now, and have no issues.

Just an update, seems Philips has added Sound Delay: Bypass as a new option on the TV in a recent update.

TV settings:
Multichannel bypass
Audio delay bypass
HDMI ultra mode
Auto movie/game off

ATV settings:
Picture Dolby Vision
Sound Atmos

All sound content still lags using ATV4K, even twitch, not just Netflix or Disney+.

The built-in apps are so slow it's frustrating to use 😭

Just an update, seems Philips has added Sound Delay: Bypass as a new option on the TV in a recent update.

TV settings:
Multichannel bypass
Audio delay bypass
HDMI ultra mode
Auto movie/game off

ATV settings:
Picture Dolby Vision
Sound Atmos

All sound content still lags using ATV4K, even twitch, not just Netflix or Disney+.

The built-in apps are so slow it's frustrating to use 😭
Out of interest using the Bypass option with my PS5. I have to reset it every time I use it, otherwise there is a delay. Is this same for anyone else?

I have the same problem. Have to reset the BYPASS with every launch of the TV. I have the 830 OLED 55". Have you found a solution?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom