• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

70"+ 4k HDR TV. What to buy? When to buy?

3dPj

Established Member
Looking for a large screened 4k TV. Budget not really an issue, but would like best bang for buck.

Also, should I wait till January sale, or buy now?

Samsung46

Standard Member
I am also looking for a 70 inch 4k TV, however I would settle for a 65 inch. I don't want a curved TV.

Money is no issue, so whats the best TV on the market? Should I wait for OLED to mature and look again nearer the end of the year?

3dPj

Established Member
With what Ive researched so far, HDR, HVEC, 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 are a must

In a 65" the Panasonic TX-65CZ952B is the best out at the moment, but its £7,999

Apparently is shares the same panel as the LG 65EG9600 at £3,999 and that has received some cracking reviews as well. Both of these are OLED

Going to 75" you have the Samsung JS9500 and the Sony x94, x93, x85. All meet the above criteria out the box, or via an update

Thats as far as Ive got. Still researching.

The LG EG9600 is winning at the moment due to the reviews, the OLED screen, response time, and the fact it has passive 3D

3dPj

Established Member
I think Ill hold out to see what happens in the sales I think....I really wanted something bigger than 65", but I think picture quality has to come first. May even plump for the Panasonic, as thats all Ive normally bought over the years

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom