1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7" Portable DVD Player

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by BBBBB, Aug 15, 2005.

1. BBBBB

BBBBB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at purchasing a portable DVD player 7" screen.
    Have noticed there seem to be a number around the £140 to £160 price range which seem to have got favourable comments.
    Phillips Pet 710
    Shinco SDP-P1600
    Toshiba SD-P1600
    Hitachi PDV-302

I am looking for a good picture and build quality.
    features are not a high priority.

Has any body got comments on their experience with any of the above models and things they would look for in a machine with the benefit of experience?
    Thanks

2. Noman

Noman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only seen the philips and the picture is terrible. I haven't seen one 7" with a good picture. I have seen 8,9 and 10" screens with higher resolution that looks great. Maybe the Shinco has higher resolution than Philips etc.

3. AnilS

AnilS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    I bought a 7" widescreen player from Somerfield for £59.99! It is a Medion MD42167 and its very good. There is a hack to multi region it too. :thumbsup:

They are currently out of stock but may get more in. These are on sale at the moment in ToyRus for £120.

AnilS.

4. sunderfl

sunderfl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may try COBY 7'' player
    I bought a COBY 7'' player last year. It has all the funcitons and good picture,I enjoyed it very much. Moreover, you can get it for less than $100 now.

5. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    shinco are the biggest seller of portable dvd players. they even make them for stores in the USA like walmart or wot ever its called.

I bought a 7" shinco player a few months a go and the Quality was perfection no 1 problem with iy

shinco all the way !