7", dual player/screens, too good?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Duncans, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Duncans

Duncans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. franc

franc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi. Personally, I would go for a couple of 7" portable DVD players. Argos do a Hitachi branded one for £99 <Hitachi 7"> #(I don't know how it performs, however) which seems like a good deal.
    You can always buy one and check it out. 16 days to bring it back for a refund.

Regards FRANC

3. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,767
    Looks like a good deal to me. I have an earlier generation Nextbase tablet player and am extremely pleased with it. Only thought, wouldn't it be cheaper to get one player and a subsidiary screen? Or is the ability to play two different DVDs at the same time important?

Dave

4. Duncans

Duncans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, one player and a subsid. screen.

How much are the screens (any pointers to a good site appreciated)

Thought #1: When the two and a half year old wants her own DVD, I'm stuffed! Lot of screaming, not the point of in-car DVDs :(

Thought #2: We can take one player on the plane (see thought #1 :( ) and use the battery from the other player to extend the peace & quiet for a few more hours.

Thought #3: This needs a new thread!

5. CTID

CTID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have just bought the dual screen setup from aldi and I am very pleased with it. The player is small, around the size of a DVD case and this then feeds 2 separate and thin screens, via DIN like connections. There is also a standard video out from the box, so it could run a third screen if needed. It comes with mains lead, 12v lead, leads to powers and feed the 2 screens, 2 sets of earphones and a remote. The screens are 7".

I also have a panasonic portable and the quality is as good. I have just found a region free hac as well. It is £169.99.

I have a cyberhome

6. CTID

CTID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    oops!!!!

..............I have a cyberhome 7" as well (don't ask why I have so many damn portables :() and I like this very much, but I had to suspend it between the front seats for my angels, what I found was they both leant over into the middle to get a good view so were out of their seat belt. This way they can see it straight on and have earphones as well. I think this is fantastic for them, if there was ever a comment about wanting different DVD's they would find 3 hours of dads music instead would focus their attention on how lcuky they are!

7. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,767
    Looks like you can get additional screens for £45 to 70 on E-bay (from Hong Kong). However, the additional benefits of second battery ( I believe they are worth about £65) and ability to play two movies at once may be worth it for you. Also, if one packs up, you have a backup.

Dave

8. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    no problems with these things and travel sickness? Is it OK because they are at headrest height?

9. CTID

CTID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    No problems with motion sickness. Your eyes are fixed due to the small (ish) screens and they are more or less straight ahead.

10. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I use a dual screen Goodmans from Comet, two players in a car is a no no but I have twins...they are a life saver for long journes