1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7 Day Shop

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Pete Delaney, May 26, 2005.

1. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +598
    :lease: Has anyone got any experience/views of buying expensive camera lenses from 7 Day Shop? I have had my local dealer order a 70-200mm F/4L and he has left a message saying it's now in the shop ready for collection. I just happened to be browsing the web and dicovered the same item £89 cheaper!! :oops: :eek:

What would you guys do???? :rolleyes:

Ok quick edit: After doing a search I have discovered mixed reviews about this company. I have also discovered a question as to whether lenses from 7day would be eligable for the Canon cash back voucher scheme. Has anyone had cash back? I now feel that sticking with my local dealer may be the most expensive but safest bet.

Local dealer £489 plus guarantee of £70 back = £419

7 Day Shop £399 if no cash back there is only £20 difference = stick with local dealer; if I do get the cash back I would still be hesitant due to mixed reviews of customer service, despite the possibility of a much greater saving.

Final Edit: Ok let's be completely obvious, now that I have shaken the pound note symbols from my eye sockets; good old fashoined friendly advice, customer service and a high street shop to walk into do cost extra, but at least you get to sleep easier at night having the confidence that if it all goes horribly wrong it can easily be resolved by your reputable dealer :thumbsup: I think I shall sleep easier tonight and I can't wait to collect my new lens tomorrow :hiya:

Final final edit!! I think I've just been having a conversation with myself :rolleyes:

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Not to mention the custom duty if its spotted

3. severnsource

severnsource

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If I'd ordered it from my local dealer I'd buy it from him. Anyway, as you've pointed out, with the cashback there isn't much difference in price.

Sevendayshop claim that UK VAT is paid.

4. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 70-200 F4 L bought from 7dayshop and much to my surprise is does seem to qualify for the cashback.

So my lens should cost me £330.

See the thread here about "Canon 16-35 f2.8" for stuff relating to 7day and cashback. There are also other 7dayshop threads if you look back further.

5. hossacd

hossacd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I ordered the 70-200 L from 7dayshop and I have received my £70 cash back cheque from canon this morning :thumbsup: They also pay the vat on the order so you won't have to pay any import duty.

6. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +598
    :smashin: You guys' have been lucky....your lens arrived with no problems and you got your money back, perhaps I shall consider 7Day next time round....blimey if you sell your lens in the future you will probably make a profit :eek: Maybe you should go into business on ebay :cool:

However, as far as I am concerned I intend to honour my agreement with my local 'London Camera Exchange' and I am picking up my lens this morning :)

Pete.

7. ninc0

ninc0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too ordered this lens from 7day shop a few weeks back but had no info on any cash back.

How does this work? What do I need to do? :confused:

8. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That thought had not escaped me :)

In your situation I would do the same.

ninc0 - you go to the promotion web site and apply for the cashback vouchers book which will be posted to you. Once you have that you apply online for the cashback and send off the printed web form with reciept, voucher and bar code from the carton. (you have to print the web page using their web button as that generates a serial number for your application).

web site

There was a thread here when this offer first came out but I can't find it at the moment.

9. Shakey21

Shakey21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'm just sending my cashback request off today - for a 70-200mm f4 L from 7dayshop.com so fingers crossed.