7.3w on motor

immi79

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, i had spare 1.1 m motorized dish without any tag, thought to mount it basically for the 7.3w, but i cant get anything on 7.3w. m 2 miles south of manchester city and i think shud get that satellite quit easy but no luck. is it better to set 7.3w on motor is or will i get much stronger signals if i simply allign the dish to 7.3w without the motor, does it make any difference?

If the motor has been installed correctly you should get the same signal strength with or without it.

hi everyone, i had spare 1.1 m motorized dish without any tag, thought to mount it basically for the 7.3w, but i cant get anything on 7.3w. m 2 miles south of manchester city and i think should get that satellite quit easy but no luck...

It all has to be 100% then yes you can get it with some margin c. 2 miles south of Manchester on a 1.1... local noise issues can change things too & that can vary quite a lot in built up areas - especially big cities.

....is it better to set 7.3w on motor is or will i get much stronger signals if i simply align the dish to 7.3w without the motor, does it make any difference?

you could/ should in theory gain a little if it were just focused for 7.3w but not a lot IMO & you can do that with a motorised dish anyway.

tried with and without motor, not getting anything . also not getting anythnig on 26e, only 5 or 6 english channels thats it, looked into dish closely before mounting it, didnt looked all round, which it should if m not wrong? only cud notice when see very closely. so cud it be the dish problem them?

looks bit like this

http://www.avforums.com/forums/16646076-post144.html

but still getting alot on 30w hispasat and 39.0e hellasat2 on motor setup, these satellites might be very strong thats y ?

one more thing want to ask is, which is good and reliable motor for 1.1m dish? the one i have now has a bit play in it

Last edited:
tried with and without motor, not getting anything . also not getting anythnig on 26e, only 5 or 6 english channels thats it, looked into dish closely before mounting it, didnt looked all round, which it should if m not wrong? only cud notice when see very closely. so cud it be the dish problem them?

looks bit like this

http://www.avforums.com/forums/16646076-post144.html

but still getting alot on 30w hispasat and 39.0e hellasat2 on motor setup, these satellites might be very strong thats y ?

one more thing want to ask is, which is good and reliable motor for 1.1m dish? the one i have now has a bit play in it

You didn't list the type of kit your using. Can you set the longitude and latitude in your receiver? That makes a huge difference, unless you've had the dish aligned correctly. Most new motors ones are fine. I've had mine for 3 years now, no issues with it. Don't think I paid more than £80 for it at the time. I'm getting 82% signal in the North East on 26E & 70%+ on 7.0W using a 1m Orbital dish (lifetime warranty). You didn't say how old your dish was but if you've got the money it may be worth investing in a new one.

You didn't list the type of kit your using. Can you set the longitude and latitude in your receiver? That makes a huge difference, unless you've had the dish aligned correctly. Most new motors ones are fine. I've had mine for 3 years now, no issues with it. Don't think I paid more than £80 for it at the time. I'm getting 82% signal in the North East on 26E & 70%+ on 7.0W using a 1m Orbital dish (lifetime warranty). You didn't say how old your dish was but if you've got the money it may be worth investing in a new one.

m planning to buy new dish now as this doesnt look in good shape to me now, if we compare orbital 1m and triax TD110, which will be good?

m planning to buy new dish now as this doesnt look in good shape to me now, if we compare orbital 1m and triax TD110, which will be good?

I wouldn't know. When I had my system fitted the installer recommended Orbital.

The Triax TD1.1 will beat the 1m Orbital on 7w/ 7.3w etc.. - but the Orbital is a decent dish IMO - a well designed, well made tough 1m, consistent quality control wise & delivers per it's surface area - fitted quite a few lately including a number of the Ali face versions

hi again, just have set up new triax TD1.1 motorized dish, now m getting all mbc, panorama, TOP movies and all main channels , scanned around 430 channels on this satellite. but last night in rain, lost the reception, but in clear weather, back all again. i know its normal to lose the signal from this satellite in bad weather.

now the problem m having is setting up the motor accurately. i m getting all satellites on west from 0.8W to 30W with very strong signals but on the east side the signals gets weaker and weaker by going far east. when try to fix satellites on est, west gets weaker, followed the guide to set up the motorized dish, but still struggling to accurate the motor

That's perfectly normal. Download a channel list. Scanning is largely a waste of time. On a 1m motorized dish I can pick up :

4.8E
5.0E
7.0E
9.0E
10.0E
13.0E
16.0E
19.2E
23.5E
26.0E
28.2E
36.0E
39.0E
42.0E

Set your latitude and longitude.

Last edited:
just spent good couple of hours on aligning the motor again and now receiving everything from 45e to 30w with some channels snr 100% on 30w and 45e and many in between so very satisfied now.

now the question i want to ask is, can i edit USALS position only a bit? the reason m asking is, as i said earlier, the alignment seems perfect now as some channels getting 100% signals on 30w and on 42e as well. i have to press ''move west'' button twice to get best signals on 7.3W. all the rest are perfect. i know we can store the satellite positions manually in positioner setup but i am using USALS with disqc switch coz have another fixed dish at sky, so m dependent on USALS.
so is there a way to edit USALS position ?

Last edited:
latitude and longitude determines the usals position.

wouldnt that change the position of all the satellites? i only want to change the 7.3W

what receiver are you using

i have DM800se

Try adding a new satellite at exactly 7.3 degrees West (as opposed to 7.0 West) and load the relevant transponders in there and scan for channels.

just have edited the 7.0W(-70) position to 7.2W(-72) in satellites.xml file, loaded new satellite and scanned ... all ok now

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom