Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

7.1 system without the speakers to match....

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Hunger4AV, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Hunger4AV

Hunger4AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ALL,

Just bought a Pioneer 575 and a yamaha ax750se. Great write ups for both hense why I upgraded from Sony set-up. Problem is I need speakers. I was buying Short genie 5.1 but I cannot get the extra 2 to fill the 7.1 output of Yamaha 7.1 anywhere. Can anyone find me 2 extra genies or someone else recommend a alternative 7.1 package/source. Is the KEF speakers an option that is available? Somebody please help me. :hiya:
    Thanks

Dave

2. Ray

Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    If you look at some of the Canton threads I think you'll find that popular setups would be :

fronts CD100s
    Centre CD50
    Rears CD10s

or CD100s allround plus CD50 centre and rear effects

or CD300 front and CD100 rear plus CD50 centre and rear surround.

Plus a few other combos including Cantons in wall and in ceiling variants.

It has to be said that a lot of the Canton popularity has been price driven as currently its possible to buy these speakers direct from Germany at less than the UK trade price! But don't think that means the quality will be naff. The reviews from Canton CD owners on this forum have been very positive - especially if your main enjoyment is movies rather than 2 channel music (although CD300 owners would say that musically they're great as well).

Have a look at the canton cd thread (it takes about a hour to read it though !) :eek:

Ray :thumbsup:

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,663
    Extra Genie's are available from the end of the month or you could give www.avland.co.uk a go right now.