7.1 speakers and room size

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
I have a 5m x 5m hcc room and im happy with my 5.1 set up, sounds great through my onkyo amp
ive got the need now though to try a 7.1 set up, would it be benaficial in a room of my size??

Pecker

Distinguished Member
I have a 5m x 5m hcc room and im happy with my 5.1 set up, sounds great through my onkyo amp
ive got the need now though to try a 7.1 set up, would it be benaficial in a room of my size??
First up, 5m x 5m isn't small.

Secondly, it's largely ******** that 7.1 is only necessary or useful in large rooms - indeed there's a very compelling argument for it being more effective in smaller rooms.

Thirdly, I've had 7.1 in 4 seperate set ups, none of which have been as large as 5m x 5m and, switching betwen 5.1 and 7.1, the centre rears were certainly a benefit every time. The only caveat I'd offer is that they're sometimes not a massive benefit.

With your Onkyo high def amp you already have 2 channels of amplification which you've paid for and currently aren't using, so it's just the extra speakers. Go for it!

Looking at your set up you could buy a pair of 902i's from Richer Sounds for £150, or a second pair of 903i's for £180...which btw would give you the same rear set up as me. :smashin:

Steve W

Last edited:

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
thanks, yep i have an onkyo 605, so its just a case of getting some small speakers and wireing them in then.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom