1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7.1 Speaker Arrangement

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Mr Yakimoto, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Mr Yakimoto

Mr Yakimoto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi,

I would like to utilise the 7.1 Channels my 32r has but I am having problems regarding Back Speaker placement.

The Back Wall is out of the Question (there is a framed Artwork there and the misses will not allow it to be moved......fare enough).

Has anyone had any experiences with ceiling (in wall) mounted speakers firing downwards?

I know the hardcore of you guys will probably frown on such arrangements but I havent got a dedicated AV/Listening room and I would like to keep my living room as asthetically pleasing as possible.

I belive this may be my only chance of hearing 7.1 material.

Kind Regards

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Id go for it, the surround backs dont do much work anyway so its not essential that you have to have a super high quality speaker :) Both KEF and Monitor Audio do a good range of in ceiling speakers :smashin:

3. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, all rear channels are mixed for a high position anyway. So having them, back and overhead should give good results...
    Have you got a DP? If so, don't forget there's an option for overhead speakers!

4. Mr Yakimoto

Mr Yakimoto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks Fellas for your replies :smashin:

I certainly do have a DP, so this looks quite promising.

Cheers

5. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74

I run 7 in-ceiling speakers for the same reasons - I use 7x M&K SW-150s with a AV32DP/250x3R/100x5R. Sounds great to me :) If you're ever down this way you're welcome to pop in for a demo.

Colin