• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

7.1 problem.

topcourier

I am running my 605 as a 7.1 set up, Question when watching a film i select TrueHD on the disc menu but it only plays back at 5.1 :mad:. If i am watching a normal DVD and select Dolby Digital EX i get all 4 back speakers working, So why do i not get 7.1 on TrueHD? The Bluray is connected with HDMI :lease:

Red_baron1973

you need to use a disc that has either a 7.1 TrueHD / Master - many are only 5.1 in which case the rears do nothing.

watching dvd's with older sound formats will usually get all 7 channels as the amps can matrix them up to 7.1 but the HD formats cant be matrixed from 5.1 to 7.1

HTH

thenicklouse

if you input a 5.1 sound track you will only get 5.1 our. Unless you use the amp settings to mix a 7.1, just the same as with the DVD.

works well on my 805.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom