7.1 MS Genie

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by adamsp70, Nov 8, 2004.

1. adamsp70

adamsp70
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am considering buying a Denon 3805 + MS Genie system (after reading all the excellent reviews on here for both).

However i do like floorstanders for my main speakers so was wondering if I could add these and use the existing Genie speakers in a 7.1 setup?

If this is possible, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to get that would match the above? I love the look of the MS Performance 4's, but can't find a price for them (I guess it'll be way beyond my budget!)

Any advice gratefully received....

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Should be ok, the only concern I have is the centre channel. It may be a mismatch with full sized floor standers.

If you prefer floorstanding fronts, and if the 3805 has a Speaker A-B capability, then you could attach the floor standers to the B terminals and switch over to them for musical duties while using the Genies for movies.

If you want to do it the other way in a 7.1 setup, then I would change the centre to one that would match the floorstanders.