1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7.1 Amp and Speakers for PC

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dj_ooms, Jan 11, 2005.

1. dj_ooms

dj_ooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi

I am looking for a decent 7.1 amp for use with my PC and XBOX. I will definitely need optical input for the XBOX. I have an Audigy 2 soundcard with 7.1 output and would like to connect this to the amp using analogue connections specifically for gaming and music. I would like to get the maximum from my PC, so would like the amp to have 7.1 channel input. My budget is not very high probably £250 for the amp, but am willing to go higher.

I am also looking for a decent set of speakers to use with the amp - 7 satellites and a subwoofer. Again my budget is not very high but want decent sounding speakers for music. I don't want to spend more than £200 on the speakers but may go a bit higher. I listen to bass heavy music but want clarity throughout all frequencies. Getting all 7 satellites straight away is not a priority. I would at least like to get a 5.1 setup with the option of upgrading to 7.1 in the future.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Oomar