7.1.4 in Living Room

George Sinanis

Established Member
Reaction score
And here it is............

After many negotiations with my wife and loads of empathy (from her side), I managed to finish my 7.1.4 ht setup in our living room. The living room is a fully functional living room and thus, some compromises had to be made.

ImageUploadedByAVForums1446905761.575429.jpg

Over the past 6 years I bought and sold many different speakers, amps, bdp and etc. I was a proud owner of several speakers like Kef Reference 1.2, Kef XQ5, MA Silver 8, B&W 683, Kef iQ3, B&W 685, Sunfire Signature True sub, B&W PV1, Quake 100 and some more....

My last buy is the atmos enabled speakers from Pioneer S-Series and I can definitely say that these are the best speakers I had to date. I started a new thread in these forums about them and although it took me over a month to find the best position, today I can have atmos in my living room without ceiling speakers. And yes! It works :)

ImageUploadedByAVForums1446906350.772526.jpg

The surround speakers are full range and come from MA (Bronze FX). Great speakers indeed that complete the 7.1.4 setup.

The sub is an XTZ 1x12 and it is absolutely amazing. Although the Sunfire that I used to have was probably one of the best subs out there but, the fact that it died left me without a choice and I had to buy a new one. Budget was limited so, had to go for the best value for money and XTZ was the one! And yes it performs above its price tag. Way above actually. As many say: you don't hear - you feel the low frequencies.

ImageUploadedByAVForums1446906868.236485.jpg

All these speakers are driven by the amazing Denon 7200W. The best amp I ever owned and again I had a few in the past - Pioneer LX71, Pioneer LX 81, Anthem MX500, Onkyo 818.

Although the Pioneers are 4ohm, Denon drives them effortlessly and the sound stage is absolutely stunning. Both in music and movies.

The surrounds are driven by a 80w Rotel, that I bought in a very good price from eBay. Rotel RB 850.

ImageUploadedByAVForums1446907103.566347.jpg

The bdp is a Pioneer 450 and it is very good indeed.

ImageUploadedByAVForums1446907146.867724.jpg

The full HD image comes from a JVC X30, fully calibrated from Gordon shooting on a 106" Grandview motorised screen.

ImageUploadedByAVForums1446907232.926577.jpg

ImageUploadedByAVForums1446907253.540835.jpg

Next big step? To get a Lumagen and a React 2.1 screen. But, a bit later - probably next year.

Wife and daughters love to watch their favourite movies on the big screen, with pop corn! :)

ImageUploadedByAVForums1446907575.858318.jpg

ImageUploadedByAVForums1446907621.729503.jpg

very nice setup you have there welcome to the Atmos upfiring club :)

Thanks guys :)

Everything started about 10 yrs ago with a 5.1 Logitech computer set. After that everything else is just history.

Will try and take some photos with the pj on.

Tried to take a pic with my iPad last night but, the quality is horrible.

ImageUploadedByAVForums1446983717.713976.jpg

What do you think to the pioneer speakers, Is the atmos upfiring any good?

I've been thinking of looking st these speakers.

X-factor, a tragic waste of such a great system !! :laugh::D

Couldn't agree more :-(

This is part of the agreement with the "boss" in order to have it in the living room.

LOL

P.s. Or call it a win-win situation

What do you think to the pioneer speakers, Is the atmos upfiring any good?

I've been thinking of looking st these speakers.

If you look in the audio/ speakers section, I have my personal thoughts on these speakers - I'm on my iPad now with limited functionality, otherwise I would give the link.

The speakers are absolutely great and in my opinion deserve every single penny. :)

Quite a few queries from me :)

What are the room dimensions George? It's an impressive set up.
Have you wall mounted your TV?
Have you split your sky tv feed to the projector and telly?
The main query, did you fit the projector/screen etc by yourself or have professional help?

Im interested as I have thought about a similar set up in the long run and gaining some ideas..

Morning AV addicts!

Room dimensions: 6m x 3.5
Yes. Telly is wall mounted
Indeed VM can go either to TV or PJ via the avr by using the Zone 2 option
Screen & projector was fitted professionally as I wouldn't trust such expensive equipment to my "diy hands". :)

Morning AV addicts!

Room dimensions: 6m x 3.5
Yes. Telly is wall mounted
Indeed VM can go either to TV or PJ via the avr by using the Zone 2 option
Screen & projector was fitted professionally as I wouldn't trust such expensive equipment to my "diy hands". :)
Thank you sir, good to know that there are some people who get it done professionally. I get depressed seeing guys who are so good at DIY

Preparing the living room for Christmas!

This was my wife's biggest concern. Where to place the Xmas tree with all the speakers :)

Looking forward to share pictures of the Xmas Atmos Living Room.....HOHOHOHO!

How small? I'm sure there is a projector out there for everyone :)

would love a projector myself but my rooms are too small :(

You don't need a big room, I've got a BENQ 1080ST projector and, from the rear of the projector to the screen is only 7' and, with that, I get a 90" image...

John

Preparing the living room for Christmas!

This was my wife's biggest concern. Where to place the Xmas tree with all the speakers :)

Looking forward to share pictures of the Xmas Atmos Living Room.....HOHOHOHO!

For the first year ever our Christmas tree is in the dining room. Can't drop the screen with the tree in the living room. I'm not having a whole month without movies.

Haven't managed to take any pics yet......too busy but, will do very soon :)

Unfortunately, the Xmas tree MUST go in the living room but, it's better than thought.

Just in some bright scenes the bulbs are shinning lol

And some pics with the Xmas tree......[emoji3][emoji3][emoji318]

ImageUploadedByAVForums1450557018.632359.jpg

ImageUploadedByAVForums1450557042.549865.jpg

Next upgrade will be a React 2.1 screen and a Lumagen processor......

But, not before May/ June next year.

What's the distance between your surrounds and rear surrounds mate?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom