7.1.2 (U Shape Sofa) Speakers Placement Help!

ssaleen

Novice Member
Hello,

I just ordered the following equipment for a living room theater setup

1. Klipsch RP-8000 Pair
2. Klipsch RP-500SA Pair
3. Klipsch RP-600M Pair
4. Klipsch RP-402S (Should i change and get 502s???)
5. Klipsch RP-504c
6. SVS PB 2000 Pro 1pc
7. AVR (still did not decide - denon x3700h or get a 11.2ch one for more surrounds)

1. I am wondering should I keep the bookshelfs (RP-600M or RP-402S) as main surrounds or rears? (Looks Below)
2. The Main Listening Sofa can be moved to the front when needed for movie watching
3. Is there anything i can do better on the setup below???

thanks in advance for your help!
theater.png

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Where speakers should go is dictated by your seating layout - if the three sofa layout indicated is how the system will be used for most of your movie viewing then work around that, if however your main movie viewing will be based around a single sofa, central to the screen, I’d remove the two side sofas from the plan and work around that layout.

Screen you don’t say what you are using?

Room and room decor what type and mix of surfaces are you working with?

Joe

ssaleen

Novice Member
Where speakers should go is dictated by your seating layout - if the three sofa layout indicated is how the system will be used for most of your movie viewing then work around that, if however your main movie viewing will be based around a single sofa, central to the screen, I’d remove the two side sofas from the plan and work around that layout.

Screen you don’t say what you are using?

Room and room decor what type and mix of surfaces are you working with?

Joe

Thanks for the reply Joe.

In terms of room decor, 2 sides of the room have curtains for 80% of wall length. i assume that will serve as some acoustic treatment. the floor area directly under the sofas have 2 piece of rug or carpet that cover the entire area. on the walls there are some console tables and pictures.

I am using a 85" sony x90h tv.

i will work on the entire area as i am looking for 9.2.4 setup now and ordering a preamp and amps for that.

I was able to convince my wife to build a dedicated theater room with one of our unused rooms so the equipment will be usefull for use in that room later.

salem

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom