6th Day - Any good?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by GarethH, Mar 9, 2001.

1. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I never saw "the 6th day" in the Cinema. Is it any good and worth getting on DVD?

Thanks

2. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Dunno, It's likely to RCE so I haven't been arsed to order it.

Columbia Tristar can stick it up their RCE's.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,000
    Its an excellent transfer, nice, sharp anamorphic, good soundtrack. A bit short on extras.

The story is entertaining, thought-provoking and has a number of intelligent twists in it. I liked it.

I suspect it is RCE, but plays OK on my multiregion Pioneer 737.

Ono - "I haven't been arsed to order it. Columbia Tristar can stick it up their RCE's" - that's EXACTLY what they wanted you to say! The only way we, their customers, are going to teach them the errors of their ways is to CARRY ON BUYING! If that means a different DVD player, then so be it. By not buying, we're helping to make RCE a success, we'll be helping to sell it to other studios.

4. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    I am not buying it if it doesn't play on my player mate. Already been stung by The Patriot and Hollow Man.

When 6th Day is confirmed as not RCE then I may buy it. Same goes for Charlies Angels (another CTS release).

5. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Have just reviewed it for my site- if you want to check it out click below [​IMG]

Suffice to say it's not exactly great.....

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

6. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    I liked this movie quite a lot. Its a typical Arnie movie. If your wanted a tour de force of great acting, you would never pick a Arnie movie anyway.

7. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,000
    Obviously, I wouldn't expect anyone to buy a disc they can't play. That would be even more stupid than I normally am. The point I was making is that we have a collective responsibility IMO to teach the studios the mistakes they keep on making with region coding. It must not be seen, by them, to be working. Only by getting this message across will we eventually see the end of this anti-competitive practice. If that means having our players replaced or re-chipped, then clearly, as many of us that can afford do do so, should do so. And keep on buying their restricted products.

8. Ace007

Ace007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got this last week from www.ringos.co.uk

I liked it more than I thought, I think Arnie is very funny and love how he manages to get loads of cool gadgets in his films (I have already started to save for one of those Chopers!! [​IMG]). W

Without giving too much away the ending is not what is expected to happen and I quite liked it. Picture is great and sound is great too. If you are an arnie fan then it's worth a look!

Cheers
    Ace

9. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Picture quality is superb (as myu review will say), audio is very good. Extras are crap, R2 gets all the better ones in this case. Fully expect a R1 SE within the next year.

If you've seen the stunning picture quality of R1 Hollow Man then this matches that. Interestingly it is an RCE title and DVD Genie figures it as all regions [​IMG]

------------------
    Webmaster,
    Bullets n Babes DVDs HT Pics