6ohm and 8 ohm impedance speakers on AVR300

Sparky66

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all I would like to say what a great resource this forum is. It ultimately has led me to purchase the Fmj DV29 DVD player and now the AVR300 receiver - I'm over the moon !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I have the receiver feeding Acoustic Energy Speakers (Aelite series).My two fronts (Aelite 3) and centre speaker are rated at 8 ohm impedance. I also have two rears (Aelite 2) but these are rated at 6 ohm impedance. My question is , do I set the Arcam AVR300 receiver for 4 or 8 ohm output. I do not want to risk damaging anything.
Anyone and even Arcams thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated. :lease:

My speakers are 8 ohm and I was told by my dealer to set the AVR300 to 4 ohm.

John

Hi,

You won't damage anything either way. However the AVR300 will run cooler and can deliver more current set in the 4 Ohm mode, so if you have some 6 Ohm speakers in the system I would advise using this setting.

Regards,
Andrew

Thanks all for your great response.Good to see Arcam taking an active roll in this forum. Goes to show what a great company we are dealing with here and the confidence it instills in me to purchase Arcam products into the future.
Well Done !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom