6600gt to a 7800 gt

rooney

:eek: im looking at upgrading from a 6600 gt to a 7800 gt do you reckon its worth it or not
i have amd 64 3500 2gb ram

any 1 got 1 let me now your thoughts

HMHB

Distinguished Member
From the reviews I've seen of the 7800GT they look like they have absolutely stunning performance and are not far short of the GTX on current games :)

Darko

It will blow your socks of bud and you wont be dissapointed I went from a 6800gt agp to a 7800gt pcx and I noticed a difference so you deff will.

Darko

Evil_Homer

Standard Member
If you have a Sli enabled motherboard it would be cheaper to buy an identical card and run it in SLi mode. I have 2 6600GT's running SLi....awesome and cost effective :smashin:

fathazza

Evil_Homer said:
If you have a Sli enabled motherboard it would be cheaper to buy an identical card and run it in SLi mode. I have 2 6600GT's running SLi....awesome and cost effective :smashin:
cheaper and worse performance....

he could also get a 6200 cheaper... :rotfl:

Kopite4Ever

Evil_Homer said:
not meaning to **** on your bombfire but its not (2 x 6600's) even in the same league as a single 7800GTX. having gamed on one a few times it makes my 6800ultra seem really really slow and slugish :eek: go for it you shall no be dissapointed as your not likely to be bottlenecked by your other components in truth, but in a perfect world you'd have a dual core A64 processor :devil:

I might go down the 7800 GT sli route .... looked at all the benchmarks and u have a card that runs pretty damn quick when SLI is not supported by the software ( very close to the 7800 GTX performance )..... and when SLI is supported, you are running considerably faster than any single card on the market .... for nearly £300 cheaper than a similar 7800 GTX SLI solution.

Kopite4Ever

yep ethic's they are running really nicely and you can do alot with your money. installed water cooling on a mates not long ago all i can say was :censored: me this thing was fast, running at an insane resolution as well. id have bought one months ago if it wernt for the XB360 im out of the PC gaming market for the time being, but it wont stop the geek in me reading up on the tech of things :D

rooney no need to post results i think your reply will be on the lines of WOOOOOOOWWWWW its so fast etc :D

Trending threads

Top Bottom