65PUS9435/12 help needed please

retaq

Novice Member
Hi there. I've just ordered the 65PUS9435/12. On the currys website it says that it is 4 sided ambilight but On the philips site is says 3 sided. I just wondered if anybody here has this TV and can confirm which it is please. Thanks in advance

retaq

Novice Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210525-134019_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-134019_Gallery.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 15

Clearandcolour

Hi there. I've just ordered the 65PUS9435/12. On the currys website it says that it is 4 sided ambilight but On the philips site is says 3 sided. I just wondered if anybody here has this TV and can confirm which it is please. Thanks in advance
The oled 935 has 4 sided Ambilight..

I didn't see it mention on the currys website that the PUS9435 has 4 sided ambilight..?? Maybe i missed..

Clearandcolour

If you scroll down to product information and then ambilight it says it there
Yes, now I see it.. On four walls..
But then is the question.. Do you wall mount the tv. Because I have read that four sided is for wall mounting.. If put on a tv-stand.. I read some advice to lower or put the lower ambilight off.. Because it will enlighten the stand and whatever is to be seen there..
On the oled 935 you can set the lower part to your wishes from 100 % down to .... off

retaq

Novice Member
Contact them on social media, they might knock you a bit of money off.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Problem is I saw it on currys and found it cheaper on another website which doesn't state 3 or 4 sided. It's OK though.
Do you know how much space is being the speaker if I wall mount the TV? I have some Hue play bars which I might fit in the space if big enough
Yes, now I see it.. On four walls..
But then is the question.. Do you wall mount the tv. Because I have read that four sided is for wall mounting.. If put on a tv-stand.. I read some advice to lower or put the lower ambilight off.. Because it will enlighten the stand and whatever is to be seen there..
On the oled 935 you can set the lower part to your wishes from 100 % down to .... off
I will be wall mounting yes. It's not a deal breaker but I chose that model as my current wall mounted ambilight only has the 3 sides and it bothered me the it wasn't lit at the bottom. I have 2 Hue play bars which I might stick hidden behind the speaker if there is no light at the bottom. I just hope they fit

retaq

Novice Member
It’s definitely 3 sided.

It’s a good TV, though.
One last thing. Do you have this TV? If so does it use the entertainment area in the Hue app or are the bulbs added on the TV? It's a question I can't seem to find anywhere

markfawcett

One last thing. Do you have this TV? If so does it use the entertainment area in the Hue app or are the bulbs added on the TV? It's a question I can't seem to find anywhere
Hi mate.

No, I own an 8505 which I’m happy with. The 9435 is the better TV, though.

Clearandcolour

Hi mate.

No, I own an 8505 which I’m happy with. The 9435 is the better TV, though.
Better in sound.. What about picture that you know ?? Although you own a 8505 ! I ask this because my neighbour told me he bought a philips but he couldn't tell me which tv.. But I thought pricewise it has to be this tv or an 48 inch oled from philips.. ??
I researched and found that this tv is VA, direct lit. So the same as the 8505.. 400 nits.. So,. is there a difference in processor and does that make a minor difference..

markfawcett

Better in sound.. What about picture that you know ?? Although you own a 8505 ! I ask this because my neighbour told me he bought a philips but he couldn't tell me which tv.. But I thought pricewise it has to be this tv or an 48 inch oled from philips.. ??
I researched and found that this tv is VA, direct lit. So the same as the 8505.. 400 nits.. So,. is there a difference in processor and does that make a minor difference..
65” 9435 is a VA panel. 65” 8505 is an IPS panel. 8505 uses a lesser quality VA panel in 50, 58 and 70” sizes.

The VA panel used in the 9435 is better than the VA panel used in the 8505.

Clearandcolour

65” 9435 is a VA panel. 65” 8505 is an IPS panel. 8505 uses a lesser quality VA panel in 50, 58 and 70” sizes.

The VA panel used in the 9435 is better than the VA panel used in the 8505.
Let's see in time when my neighbour gets the tv.. he didn't even know what size,.. You see, some people just go to a seller without shop and ask for a new tv.. Don't know and go for it !

Czarny

Novice Member
Hi have this TV as a replacement for a faulty 2 years old IPS Ambilight 65.
Honestly I don't like it. Good blacks but HDR is very poor. Corners have black spots and on totally white pictures you can see a lot of cloud.
The old IPS 65 was way much better. Not worth the money.

AVtest

Hi have this TV as a replacement for a faulty 2 years old IPS Ambilight 65.
Honestly I don't like it. Good blacks but HDR is very poor. Corners have black spots and on totally white pictures you can see a lot of cloud.
The old IPS 65 was way much better. Not worth the money.
It is well expected as 400nits can hardly deliver HDR and yes tv was well overpriced. 2019 range was cloudy too but philips hardly improved anything.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom