dogpapa

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I switched my 50PUS8555 for 65PUS8506, and what I thought was an upgrade has ended up being a huge disappointment. There are clear posterization image issues when playing any content.

I use an Apple TV 4K and apps like Disney+, AppleTV+, Plex, Netflix, and it´s very evident in all of them. I´ve tried a lot of things, switching 4K DV dor 4K HDR in Apple TV, enabling and disabling Optimal in Ultra HD settings, upgrading to a high speed Belkin HDMI cable, updating to the latest OS versions...

Philips customer support is not being very helpful and even though I've provided them with bugreports, logs, etc, they keep giving me very basic troubleshooting, like doing a factory reset (which I've obviously done).

Some pics attached, the show is "This is us" in Disney+, which plays in Dolby quality in theory.

I used to watch a show called "See" in AppleTV+ which is quite dark, and with the new TV is really hard to watch.

Any ideas, solutions, suggestions? Help!

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-28_18-51-14 (2).jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_18-51-14 (2).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 131
  • photo_2022-01-28_18-51-14.jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_18-51-14.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 136
  • photo_2022-01-28_18-51-13 (2).jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_18-51-13 (2).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 135
  • photo_2022-01-28_18-51-13.jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_18-51-13.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 123
  • photo_2022-01-28_18-51-12.jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_18-51-12.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 139
  • photo_2022-01-28_18-51-31.jpg
    photo_2022-01-28_18-51-31.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 146
I had this with an lcd panel, only with hdr content but it's just unwatchable so i certainly sympathise.
As far as I'm aware it relates to screen type, i think it only affects ips panels but i can't believe it's still an issue, it's been two years since i had this problem.

Hi all

I switched my 50PUS8555 for 65PUS8506, and what I thought was an upgrade has ended up being a huge disappointment. There are clear posterization image issues when playing any content.

I use an Apple TV 4K and apps like Disney+, AppleTV+, Plex, Netflix, and it´s very evident in all of them. I´ve tried a lot of things, switching 4K DV dor 4K HDR in Apple TV, enabling and disabling Optimal in Ultra HD settings, upgrading to a high speed Belkin HDMI cable, updating to the latest OS versions...

Philips customer support is not being very helpful and even though I've provided them with bugreports, logs, etc, they keep giving me very basic troubleshooting, like doing a factory reset (which I've obviously done).

Some pics attached, the show is "This is us" in Disney+, which plays in Dolby quality in theory.

I used to watch a show called "See" in AppleTV+ which is quite dark, and with the new TV is really hard to watch.

Any ideas, solutions, suggestions? Help!
Have you checked out the 8505 thread. I have the 43pus8536 and found this useful setting up, but if it is a display issue than its worth trying to get it replaced as others have found. One TV can have issues and the next either less or perfect. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• mva_pus85__ (1) (1).pdf
    862.9 KB · Views: 204
Thanks! I'm gonna give it a try. If this doesn't work, the retailer said that they will need an uplift number so they can take it back. Is that something Philips does? I've been in touch with them but they keep sending me useless troubleshooting.

Thanks! I'm gonna give it a try. If this doesn't work, the retailer said that they will need an uplift number so they can take it back. Is that something Philips does? I've been in touch with them but they keep sending me useless troubleshooting.
I'd guess so, sound like a Return To Manufacture reference. If it is still in warranty then you would be fine in returning it without too much issues. Depending on the country you are in

I tried those settings, but the image is still pretty bad. I contacted Philips again and they said they don't give uplift numbers. I'm desperate, I can't return the TV because the 30 days Currys give to return it have passes (by only 10 days), and I'm stuck with a TV that looks way worse than my previous one.

I tried those settings, but the image is still pretty bad. I contacted Philips again and they said they don't give uplift numbers. I'm desperate, I can't return the TV because the 30 days Currys give to return it have passes (by only 10 days), and I'm stuck with a TV that looks way worse than my previous one.
I'd go down the line with Curry that the product is not fit for purpose, if your not happy and may need them to come out assess, but should be fine as its only just over a month. Some others on here may know the correct words to use with specific retailers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom