65OLED936 Android 11 Firmware

Ok i found that there were Android TV update to that new interface (similar to google tv). Why i have the old one? What i need to set up to get that new? You said i do not have set it up fully. What am i missing?

You need to just update via Google play store after installing the update and it will roll out the latest version of Android TV home to your TV. The build has the older version of the interface after a factory reset.

All seems to be updated. Android TV home and Android TV Services are updated and still old interface.

Does it have :
  • Search - Google search Icon
  • Home
  • Discovery
  • Apps

With the input icon on the top left and and the cog wheel.

Or does it have the large icons on the left then large rows.

Philips have deployed the updated Android TV home, that have elements of Google TV, but no Google TV interface itself.

This is my interface. So big left icons and then large rows

Attachments

• 16557528900993020934176100396177.jpg
    16557528900993020934176100396177.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 213
It does indeed look like old Android TV version and you have opened Google play store and then proceeded to install the updates. If you have not sure what is up and maybe dependent on version as definate the / 12 variant has had the updated Android TV home screen and was delivered via the Google play store. Can't help anymore though as this is the only way I believe it is updated. Open a ticket with Philips would be my suggestion.
This is my interface. So big left icons and then large rowsi

I have seen that same interface on my 55OLED806 a couple of times after a reset, with no apparent reason for the change of interface. The TV returned to the normal, newer interface, all by itself, without me doing anything...
GL!

I have seen that same interface on my 55OLED806 a couple of times after a reset, with no apparent reason for the change of interface. The TV returned to the normal, newer interface, all by itself, without me doing anything...
GL!
I believe it's the default build home image for the TVs and then Android TV home app is updated in the background via Google play store. Still feels like the poster hasn't opened Google play store after the update and allowed for the updates to come through.

i've opened play store, i've updated manually Android TV Home and Android Tv Core Service via Play Store. I Updated Play Store. I tried everything i could and still no new interface. Maybe it is region dependent. I am from Slovakia, but i didn't find any info about it. On Xiaomi Mi Box S same problem. i didn't receive update.

Sounds like it could be out of Philips hands and a Google thing then as most posters on here are from the UK. If it was the one device, but two just sounds like a region thing.

Sounds like it could be out of Philips hands and a Google thing then as most posters on here are from the UK. If it was the one device, but two just sounds like a region thing.
Strange thing is that in Slovak manual is section about updating and what are differences between old and new UI :D

Strange thing is that in Slovak manual is section about updating and what are differences between old and new UI :D
I'd see what Philips say maybe they can send you the updated APK for the TV to give you the updated home screen

You could try using a VPN to 'be in' the UK or something and see if that updates it. Honesty you're missing out on nothing though and I wouldn't even care about this if I were you.

You could try using a VPN to 'be in' the UK or something and see if that updates it. Honesty you're missing out on nothing though and I wouldn't even care about this if I were you.
To be honest have to agree. It's just moving what is in effect icons from the side to the top and probably making apps a little easier to find, but it's not mind bending different

Just got OTA update of R.101.000.178.206 (Taiwan). No released note on screen as usual.

PXL_20220629_105748402.MP.jpg

Just got OTA update of R.101.000.178.206 (Taiwan). No released note on screen as usual.

View attachment 1717311
This version is now live on the philips website however according to the change log it is android P which is android 9? Also 2021 tv models are not mentioned in the changelog only 2020 and earlier.
Now this may be philips not updating it correctly (which would not surprise me in the slightest) but I would need further clarification on what this "update" actually consists of before using it.

After checking again this firmware is available for the 935 (2020 model) but not the 936 (2021 current model) so I suspect this is not actually the update people are waiting for.

@darkj2k can you confirm what model of tv you have?

I have attached the changelog from the philips site for people to look at and see what they think.

Attachments

• 65oled935_12_fhi_eng.pdf
    136.6 KB · Views: 109
This version is now live on the philips website however according to the change log it is android P which is android 9? Also 2021 tv models are not mentioned in the changelog only 2020 and earlier.
Now this may be philips not updating it correctly (which would not surprise me in the slightest) but I would need further clarification on what this "update" actually consists of before using it.

After checking again this firmware is available for the 935 (2020 model) but not the 936 (2021 current model) so I suspect this is not actually the update people are waiting for.

@darkj2k can you confirm what model of tv you have?

I have attached the changelog from the philips site for people to look at and see what they think.
That's not the same version :)
The PDF you're referencing is about TPM191E, and the screenshot is about TPM211EA, which is the 'current-gen' xx21 range :)

That's not the same version :)
The PDF you're referencing is about TPM191E, and the screenshot is about TPM211EA, which is the 'current-gen' xx21 range :)
It's the exact same software version, I'm not saying that it won't work on the newer models I'm saying that the changelog makes no mention of them and it refers to android p with no mention of any update to android 10 or 11. My questions still remain. As I said in the philips support page it is not listed against the newer tvs, only older ones.

Hi,

no - it is different ...

2019/2020 Models are using the same platform
-> current version ATV9 TPM191E _ 101.002.178.000 – Date: 2022/05/11

2021/2021 Models are using the same platform
-> current version ATV10: TPM211EA_001.002.114.203 – Date: 2022/03/17
-> some got ATV11 via OTA: TPM211EA_101.000.178.206

Toengel@Alex

Yep exactly ;-)

Thanks again for sharing the firmware. Is there any newer version that anyone can share ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom