65OLED936 Android 11 Firmware

I'm still arguing, I've said that I'll accept a direct swap for the LG C2 from 1 of their retailing partners, until I get something decent I'm going to keep goi further up the managerial ladder. Oh and I'm definitely moving on, 2 years of problem after problem and they have the worst tv software out there.
Can't blame you going for the C2. Nice set that. Be aware on Xbox Series X. It does have a firmware bug like the C1 that had issues with 120hz mode. Not on PS5 or others. Seen that on one of the threads outside of the Philips forum on here. But, LG seem pretty good at nailing these issues.

Don't
Can't blame you going for the C2. Nice set that. Be aware on Xbox Series X. It does have a firmware bug like the C1 that had issues with 120hz mode. Not on PS5 or others. Seen that on one of the threads outside of the Philips forum on here. But, LG seem pretty good at nailing these issues.
Don't have xbox, I've got a ps5 so no issues there

Don't

Don't have xbox, I've got a ps5 so no issues there
Yep, it seemed a reviewer managed to hunt it down to a bandwith issues on the soundbar that was 2.1 compliant , but didn't do full 40 plus GB. But, hid it in the paper work. I believe PS5 only does up to 36 GB transfer rate.

Yep, it seemed a reviewer managed to hunt it down to a bandwith issues on the soundbar that was 2.1 compliant , but didn't do full 40 plus GB. But, hid it in the paper work. I believe PS5 only does up to 36 GB transfer rate.
It was limited (to 32 not 36) but has since been increased. 120hz 4k vrr wouldn't work if not.

It was limited (to 32 not 36) but has since been increased. 120hz 4k vrr wouldn't work if not.
Good point knew it was 30 something originally and that VRR was a late arrival and seeing it announced on YouTube by usual culprits Vinc @HDTVTest.

swap for the LG C2
You might want to check out the C2 software first if you haven't. I've seen a lot of complaints from reviewers about the performance of the new WebOS. I've checked one in a local shop and was really surprised. Performance was much closer to my old Saphi 6703 rather than xx6 OLED series

You might want to check out the C2 software first if you haven't. I've seen a lot of complaints from reviewers about the performance of the new WebOS. I've checked one in a local shop and was really surprised. Performance was much closer to my old Saphi 6703 rather than xx6 OLED series
You make a good point. I believe it's related to LG taking an AD heavy approach to its WebOS Dashboard that has become heavier on recent versions and does impact performance for sure.

Like another commenter on here said. No TV is perfect and it's a case when your happy to a certain extent just dealing or working around the issues and getting on with life

I'd be interested in trying out the .222 (or newer) firmware if anybody can post it. I have a 48inch 806 and am fed up with the audio cutting out intermittently to my sound bar, plus the lip-sync issues with the built-in freeview apps through the sound bar. Note, that I have found a workaround for lip sync on BBC iPlayer, by copying the Android app from my chromecast wGTV, but that does mean that you lose support for 4K!

Well I went ahead and tried out the 136.218 firmware. No issues with sound so far, however I have a major new issue, in that the screen is blank when coming out of standby!
I get audio (e.g., if pressing TV guide + ok to switch to TV), but nothing on the screen. I've tried a few things, such as casting, etc , to see if that causes the screen to turn back on, but no joy.
So I now either need to downgrade (which k assume is not easy), or turn the TV off at the plug each time to reboot it.

Has anybody else experienced this? Any suggested fixes? Thanks

Well I went ahead and tried out the 136.218 firmware. No issues with sound so far, however I have a major new issue, in that the screen is blank when coming out of standby!
I get audio (e.g., if pressing TV guide + ok to switch to TV), but nothing on the screen. I've tried a few things, such as casting, etc , to see if that causes the screen to turn back on, but no joy.
So I now either need to downgrade (which k assume is not easy), or turn the TV off at the plug each time to reboot it.

Has anybody else experienced this? Any suggested fixes? Thanks
You may want to try a one button reset. It does factory reset, but if you have calibrated than it could lose settings. Same risk with downgrade I'd guess.

You do this by turn off the TV power and then push the joystick on the back of the TV down wards of forward underneath. Then keep the joy stick forward and then plug the TV back in and your should see a set of blinks on the IR and then it should throw up the android erase and circle screen and resets as if you had done a factory clean and firmware upgrade.

You can lock in the ISF Day and ISF night setting by going into picture settings and then click on each ISF and then type 456456 on the remote and it should change to a lock icon

There's probably something wrong with this firmware (218), as it was announced almost 2 months ago by Toengels and it was not yet widely released by Philips.

There's probably something wrong with this firmware (218), as it was announced almost 2 months ago by Toengels and it was not yet widely released by Philips.
Maybe but its much better than the 203 which I was having lots and lots of problems. Thanks again for the firmware link shared here. If there is a newer one I would love to test it.

75PML9506

You may want to try a one button reset. It does factory reset, but if you have calibrated than it could lose settings. Same risk with downgrade I'd guess.

You do this by turn off the TV power and then push the joystick on the back of the TV down wards of forward underneath. Then keep the joy stick forward and then plug the TV back in and your should see a set of blinks on the IR and then it should throw up the android erase and circle screen and resets as if you had done a factory clean and firmware upgrade.

You can lock in the ISF Day and ISF night setting by going into picture settings and then click on each ISF and then type 456456 on the remote and it should change to a lock icon
Thanks. I ended up clearing caches of all the apps (I couldn't find a simple way to clear the entire caches position) and turning off the option to auto turn on with Chromecast. It now comes out of standby without issue.

However, it definitely has not fixed the audio drop outs with Sonos soundbars. That is occurring with about the same regulatory as it was on the old firmware, although it does feel like the sound comes back a little faster.

It also feels to me that the picture quality / contrast is slightly improved. But that could just be my imagination, as it is not possible to directly compare!

The only other issue in having at the moment is that the thumbnails for the play next row on the home screen are all blank. But that could be an issue with Plex rather than the TV. I've had that before on other devices, but usually they start coming back as you watch shows.

With this firmware I am not able to edit custom subtitle from the settings. When I choose custom from the subtitle menu it gets back to the subtitle menu again.

I installed FW via USB. It works reliably, no changes. I noticed problems playing from Nvidia Shield on Netflix, the sound is delayed 2-3 seconds after a few seconds playing. I don't know why. Kodi doesn't do it.

With this firmware I am not able to edit custom subtitle from the settings. When I choose custom from the subtitle menu it gets back to the subtitle menu again.
What do you mean by "custom" subtitles? There is a menu: On/Off/Automatic and another menu (Languages): Primary/Secondary subtitle.

What do you mean by "custom" subtitles? There is a menu: On/Off/Automatic and another menu (Languages): Primary/Secondary subtitle.
I mean the one under the Android settings, Accessibility, Captions. The part you choose your own subtitle style. Like the colours.

Captions are not subtitles - they are more speech to text. You can't change actual subtitles colours from there.

Later edit: for Disney+ (just available in my country) it appears that subtitles appearance on Philips are like you said at Accessibility/Captions.

Guy in this video had different Google home screen. It looks like new Google TV. How it is posssible?

Ok so why my Android TV looks definitely older? I have latest update, but I see old android tv like this
1655500352229.png

Ok so why my Android TV looks definitely older? I have latest update, but I see old android tv like this View attachment 1711819
It's the same, you just haven't set it up fully. The newer android looks identical, the changes are all in the background, and at present there is absolutely nothing about Google TV on any philips TV, let alone last years model.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom