65NU8000/8070 or nearest equivalent.

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by gazb72, Apr 15, 2019 at 2:59 PM.

1. gazb72

gazb72
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

I had been researching a new 65" TV for the last 5 months and decided on the 65NU8000 or the 65NU8070. I now seem to have left my purchase a couple of weeks too late as stock seems to have been all been sold out (or removed to make way for the new model :mad:).

I have tried JL, Richer sounds, Currys etc and all say the same thing. Only display models left.

Does anyone have any idea of how i could still get hold of one of these TVs with a decent warranty?

Failing that, what would be the best TV to buy for ~£1000 in 65". Watching mainly movies and sport through SKY HD and some IPTV via Nvidia Shield. TV will be in a fairly dark room but will have a large window behind the seating position about 15 feet away. Viewing angles not an issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary.

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,228
    Hisense U7A or Samsung Q6FN are the next similar models.

The 55" Q6FN has been reduced to a similar price to the NU8000. At 65" it seems the Q6FN is still quite a lot more expensive though. Could be a sign the larger model may drop in price soon though. The Q6FN is basically the same TV but with a wider colour gamut whilst the Hisense U7A is almost as good as the NU8000, it falls short only in a few areas.

Its silly season now with TVs, the time when 2018-19 season TVs are close to or either sell out, its also the time we see the biggest discounts before they sell out.

Unfortunatey most manufactures overprice their new models so Samsung's replacement for the NU8000 in its 2019-20 lineup will be cost a lot more on release.

3. gazb72

gazb72
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The U7A was another that I was looking at previously also. The salesperson at richer sounds was pushing me towards a 65sk8500 LG for £1049. Where would this sit in relation to the U7A or Q6 that you have mentioned?

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,228
    You can compare the NU8000 to the SK8500 here: Samsung NU8000 vs LG SK9000 Side-by-Side TV Comparison

In north america (where rtings.com is based) their model number for the SK8500 is SK9000.

As you can see, its also not a bad option but due to its panel type being IPS, it makes gains over the others with wider viewing angles, but at the cost of screen uniformity, black levels and contrast.

If you usually view with the lights on or during the day you won't notice these traits so much but for critical dark room viewing you'll find TVs instead with VA panels are more suited.

5. gazb72

gazb72
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks a million for the feedback. I think I will hope for a price drop on the 65" Q6 over the Easter weekend. :smashin: