65nm filtering through to retail

D

d4v34

Anyone heard anything about the 65nm size reduction?

There were reports that these were in production in March, so I wonder how long before they're available? To anyone that's bought a PS3 recently, what was your build date?

Cheers

Naqv

It's not going to make a bit of difference to the customer [It will reduce costs significantly for Sony though], as the PS3 is generally very quiet (well mine anyway) and has had no issues with heat.
Now, only if the xbox cpu and gpu are shrinked to 65nm (I also want a 360 minus the noise).

D

d4v34

It's not going to make a bit of difference to the customer [It will reduce costs significantly for Sony though], as the PS3 is generally very quiet (well mine anyway) and has had no issues with heat.
Now, only if the xbox cpu and gpu are shrinked to 65nm (I also want a 360 minus the noise).

Not quite true there Naqv. In your case your PS3 is quiet but reading these forums shows that's not always the case.
So the reduced power, reduced heat and subsequent noise level would make a difference to me especially as it will be in my front room.

There are reports that the Falcon 360's are on their way, don't know how you could identify it without getting it out of the box. Apparantly they have a different (smaller) power socket so you can't accidentally plug the bigger (95nm) power supply into it.

Dav`

Novice Member
I bought a PS3 recently. It seems quiet enough to me (compaired to my 360 anyway!!) How would I find out the build date?

mickus66

I would have thought that all 60Gb models would have all been 90nm as Sony would have had a large inventory of these.

Maybe someone will break open one of the new U.S 80Gb models to see if it's in there? Failing that, they might start appearing when the 80Gb appears over here....

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom