• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bargain Expired 65EC970V JL black friday + questions

sidemon

Not sure its been posted before but I have questions as well so here we are.
Buy LG 65EC970V Curved 4K Ultra HD OLED 3D Smart TV, 65" with Freeview HD, Built-In Webcam, Harman Kardon Audio & 2x 3D Glasses | John Lewis (£2999)

- What is the difference between the 950, 960 and 970 oleds (all 65")? - Other than year of release, 950 is flat and the 970 doesn't support HDR.
(Although it does seem HDR on oled isn't amazing anyway?)
- Is this set worth the money or is it lacking behind its newer models, is it better spending £600 more on the other sets (960/950)?
- Do you think Christmas/January will see these drop to even lower prices, I have the cash but if waiting till January will save me another £500+ on the price I can wait?

Last edited:

swisdom

This is relevant to my interests. Currently in intense negotiations with the wife. £3k is a lot of money but I saw one of these in store recently and was blown away.

Dutch

Yes, the 65EG960V is the successor to the 65EC970V. £2999 sounds like a good deal. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom