Question 65c8 vertical line of pixels

garryboy

Gutted watching TV last night when I noticed a thin white vertical line of white pixels.

Only purchased from richer sounds at black friday last November.

I've ran the pixel refresher but with no joy.

Just looking to see what I should expect from richer sounds as a resolution. I'm not up on consumer law so would appreciate any advice from those with experience on how it should go with either replacement repair ect.

Any help appreciated before I make the call.

IMG_20190326_072751.jpg
IMG_20190326_072759.jpg
IMG_20190326_072655.jpg
IMG_20190326_072659.jpg
IMG_20190326_072745.jpg
MVIMG_20190326_072748.jpg

adriano

Hi fella

Think you've got a dodgy panel so youre withing at least a year guarantee so they should change it no problem or at least send out an engineer who contacts LG who should replace your set - obviously its not fit for purpose and that is unacceptable.

RS are very good when it comes to stuff like this - I got an LG G7 in November 2017 from RS and withing a month it had packed up - they didnt hve any to exchange so the engineer came out and reported back and I got a replacement - however it took 2 months (its documented in the LG B7 C7 E7 G7 W7 thread somewhere!)

On a similar note - my Kuro LX 5090 has done the same thing. Twice - I got a similar line up from the bottom left to about 1/3 of the way up the screen - (it is 10ys old now tho') and I called up an engineer who fixed it at 6ys for a power supply issue who said "nah mate your panels had it". Ive continued to use it but just a few weeks ago I got a second line same height same direction a few inches from it! Replacing it now with a sony AF9.......dunno what to do with the Kuro tho.......

Good luck anyway - you should have no problems - interesting to see the reliability of these OLEDS not being as good as they should be. Let the forum know how you get on

A

garryboy

Hi fella

Think you've got a dodgy panel so youre withing at least a year guarantee so they should change it no problem or at least send out an engineer who contacts LG who should replace your set - obviously its not fit for purpose and that is unacceptable.

RS are very good when it comes to stuff like this - I got an LG G7 in November 2017 from RS and withing a month it had packed up - they didnt hve any to exchange so the engineer came out and reported back and I got a replacement - however it took 2 months (its documented in the LG B7 C7 E7 G7 W7 thread somewhere!)

On a similar note - my Kuro LX 5090 has done the same thing. Twice - I got a similar line up from the bottom left to about 1/3 of the way up the screen - (it is 10ys old now tho') and I called up an engineer who fixed it at 6ys for a power supply issue who said "nah mate your panels had it". Ive continued to use it but just a few weeks ago I got a second line same height same direction a few inches from it! Replacing it now with a sony AF9.......dunno what to do with the Kuro tho.......

Good luck anyway - you should have no problems - interesting to see the reliability of these OLEDS not being as good as they should be. Let the forum know how you get on

A
Many thanks Adriano

I will let yous know how I get on.

Johnny1980

That happened on my C6 and the screen had to be replaced.

garryboy

Got my TV repaired and it's good as new .

On site repair. Was pretty cool watching the guys swap the panels over.

Seem to have been lucky and got a decent panel which was my biggest concern.

Hopefully this one lasts longer than 6 months.

garryboy

Well after a year of my replacement panel. I noticed the right 3rd of the screen was slightly darker than the other 2/3rds. Once I had noticed It was impossible to unotice it .

Back on to Richer sounds and within a week I had another screen swapped over in the house. So now on screen number 3 🙈.

New panel looks decent so far. Pretty pleased with outcome and service from richer sounds was first class.

Here's some pics of my dodgy panel.
IMG_20200703_111707.jpg
IMG_20200703_105632.jpg
IMG_20200703_105632.jpg
IMG_20200703_111707.jpg
IMG_20200703_105632.jpg