Quantcast

Question 65B8 No Signal

MrCranky

Novice Member
Hi everyone.

wondered if anyone else has the same experience I do. I have a 65B8 oled with the SK9Y sound bar.

When I put a disc in the player (Panasonic ub820) or swap to Netflix on the player the screen goes black then sometimes says no signal on the tv before showing the hdr or vision logo and carrying on.

Before I had the sound bar it would never drop back to the no signal page, just keep going. It only happens for a second or two while it’s loading but find it a little annoying. It’s like it’s doing another handshake or seeing what the tv is capable of yet I have tried setting all the settings manually.

any suggestions on how to stop it if possible?

Video

MrCranky

Novice Member
Okay, so I have found the cause to be related to ARC.

Currently it’s connected up like this.

UB820 > SK9Y HDMI IN > TV HDMI 2 ARC.

If I use any of the other HDMI ports on the tv the are non ARC ports and turn off ARC, it’s perfect. Problem is I want to use ARC so I can use the sound bar not the TVs internal speakers and don’t fancy using optical.

sagaris99

Okay, so I have found the cause to be related to ARC.

Currently it’s connected up like this.

UB820 > SK9Y HDMI IN > TV HDMI 2 ARC.

If I use any of the other HDMI ports on the tv the are non ARC ports and turn off ARC, it’s perfect. Problem is I want to use ARC so I can use the sound bar not the TVs internal speakers and don’t fancy using optical.
It an be avoided completely if you plug the HDMI from the UB820 into one of the HDMI ports on the TV.

Keep the soundbar plugged in as normal, just don't use passthrough - it's not very stable in my experience

Top Bottom